• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Me and my '92 K75S. It was my second K75, a K75T being the first. Too much of me in the photo and not much of the bike. I will have to scan a better photo at some time. The photo was taken by my daughter; she was more focused on me than the bike. I sold this fine machine and have had seller's remorse ever since!

Attachments

• 4260824336_cb1fd45afb.jpg
    4260824336_cb1fd45afb.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 930
My 1994 K75 that I sold to a friend with the understanding that I had first right of refusal in the event that he ever sold the bike. Unfortunately he crashed the bike in Mexico and ended up selling it and flying home. I had many a great ride with it all over the US and parts of Canada. Fond memories now. I particularly like the way the roundel on the tank looks like a happy face in this picture. :heart

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 925
I'm converting my K100RT to a T. I like the looks of those BMW spotlamps. Would like to buy a set, if you know where there is a used set available. Barry

I'm converting my K100RT to a T. I like the looks of those BMW spotlamps. Would like to buy a set, if you know where there is a used set available. Barry

They are original K bike lights from BMW. I had the stock # at one time but can not locate it now. They are rather hard to find. I picked them up when someone bought a K75 that was a garage queen with 1,200 miles on it and he did not like the lights. They were like new and I only had to come up with a wiring harness which was still availabe from BMW. One light is a fog light and the other is a pencil light. I wired them so they came on with a switch and if I tapped the switch the lights would switch from one to the other. Worked great for getting slow drivers out of my way as they presumed it was an emergency vehicle. Good luck in your search.

10-4 Thought it might flush a set out for me. Got the windshield set and have located a headlite bucket with turn signals. That was a nice lookin K75.

'99 k1200rs

Loaded for a 5-day trip...
aug06057.jpg

On display....
july06066.jpg

At the track....(in the rain)...
may05tojun05019.jpg

Mine

Here's me with my 'new' 2000 K1200RS.

24,000 miles on the odo and this thing looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I'm very lucky to have been the guy that bought it.

Now all I need is warm weather.

Attachments

• P1090004.jpg
    P1090004.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 842
Sting II

Here I am flat footed on my 1994 Dakar Yellow K75S after my low seat conversion....(anyone interested in standard seat, toolbox, lock?....

:wave

Attachments

• IM000303.JPG
    IM000303.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 667
Hi Bev; Congratulations on making the conversion. Your "Bee" looks really nice, too.:thumb

How do you like your Laminar Lip?

Laminar Lip

Hi Bev; Congratulations on making the conversion. Your "Bee" looks really nice, too.:thumb

How do you like your Laminar Lip?

It seems to throw the air over my head...still getting used to the low bars...after all I used to have the /2. :wave

Barbacks for the K75S

Bev; You also might want to check out the MotoTechniques barbacks, too---if you only want or need a small amount of rise and setback---and they're about half the cost of the A&S ones. I'm 6' tall and my arms are long, though, so my reach is now about perfect with these.

Also, I think the A&S barbacks are the only ones don't require any modification to your dash pad mounting system... (I made up some small S-brackets and spacers for mine) so that's another thing to consider.

1997 k1100 lt

Just brought it home yesterday. It has only 7500 miles.

Attachments

• 3ke3m23pc5O05T05P1a1iac331122453c106c[1].jpg
    3ke3m23pc5O05T05P1a1iac331122453c106c[1].jpg
    9 KB · Views: 980
Geeze....7500 miles?

That sounds like a story. :lurk

The bike was bought in early 1998 as a left over by 74 year old owner/riderof an
R80. He road it an average of 500 miles each yeay until he passed away in 2007. A friend who rode with him bought the bike from the original owners widow and road it when not on his R1150. He sold it, because he prefers the R bike and could not support both bikes. The bike has on scracth on the right mirror and runs well. It is a special edition basic model.

The bike was bought in early 1998 as a left over by 74 year old owner/riderof an
R80. He road it an average of 500 miles each yeay until he passed away in 2007. A friend who rode with him bought the bike from the original owners widow and road it when not on his R1150. He sold it, because he prefers the R bike and could not support both bikes. The bike has on scracth on the right mirror and runs well. It is a special edition basic model.

I assume I'll be able to drool over it at the RSM Rally in May? It'll be my first time attending.

Back