• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

brhartw:

Nice! Search this forum for "K75S Original Litter". What is the last 4 numbers of your VIN? That will tell when your bikes "birthday" was and which of us has your "littermates".

:dance :dance :dance

I think the color is Baja red?

Is that original paint? Doesn??t look like anything I've seen on older Ks (but I like it!)

Yep, original paint and parts. Found a guy in Texas last year selling the fairing, lowers, mirrors and radiator trim panel online...all the parts were still in the factory box from Germany! Replaced all the front body panels last year and put a Russell Day Long saddle and GPS since then.

Great ride now with the heat insulating mods....I knocked out an 1k day last summer on it!

The color looks much more burgundy in the sun...we just don't get much sun in Vermont! I think it may be called Baja red?

My Brick

I've had this bike for 4 years now and it's been great. Sadly, I have to sell it, see my ad in the flea market.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 937
K1200lt

At the summit climbing out of the Jackson Hole on Highway 22, Teton Pass.

Attachments

• 850HCl8XVKdovkt2Up-gjodUvO8swqE+0300.jpg
    850HCl8XVKdovkt2Up-gjodUvO8swqE+0300.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 881
98 and 03 RS

The 98 taxi and farkled up 03. Bought the 98 in June 2008, had to run out and buy another in August! Use the 03 to commute 150 miles to Philly from NEPA a couple times a week, although not much lately. :bliss

Attachments

• P1010318.JPG
    P1010318.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 848
Nice first entry, welcome! :wave

Thanks, weather has been above single digits so have been riding the past couple weeks. :dance

Here's the other end, I noticed I could post only one pic (per post), seems others can post more, is that a newbie thing, or am I just a lil slow? :doh

Attachments

• P1010319.JPG
    P1010319.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 824
Welcome!

The 98 taxi and farkled up 03. Bought the 98 in June 2008, had to run out and buy another in August!

Welcome to K-bike land, matthaus! That's a pretty nice set of bookends you've got there. :thumb

:idea
Hey, you should try to make it down to Cruso, NC for the 2nd annual Klassic K Campout this year - July 10-12 at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp (N 35 24.235 W 82 48.682). If you are planning to hit the MOA rally, this would be a worthwhile "detour" along the way, as it's scheduled for the previous weekend. Cruso is only ~100 miles south of this year's MOA rally site.

-MTS

Photobucket

Here's the other end, I noticed I could post only one pic (per post), seems others can post more, is that a newbie thing, or am I just a lil slow? :doh

Try using a web hosting service like Photobucket; upload as many as you need to.

My GT>>>

474291873_c7eEU-L.jpg

My Lt Under the rock

Fall of 08 last good ride of the year. South West side of Wisconsin near the Missippi River.

Attachments

• LT under rock.JPG
    LT under rock.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,088
got a picture while its still clean

Beauty!

So....as a new K1300 owner, what do you think of those "non-BMW" turn signal switches? :scratch :stick

Been riding K-bikes for so long that I don't know if I'd ever get used to the "UJM" style switch gear. :dunno

:hide

-MTS

Beauty!

So....as a new K1300 owner, what do you think of those "non-BMW" turn signal switches? :scratch :stick

Been riding K-bikes for so long that I don't know if I'd ever get used to the "UJM" style switch gear. :dunno

:hide

-MTS

R bikes in '79 had 'em.

honk if you want to go left

:banghead It should only take a few hundred more times and my brain will be trained. Funny thing is that every time I hit the horn by accident nobody looks my way makes me wonder if they can hear it at all.

:banghead It should only take a few hundred more times and my brain will be trained. Funny thing is that every time I hit the horn by accident nobody looks my way makes me wonder if they can hear it at all.

Hear your horn? Not with their BOOM BOOM music :rocker and cell phones plastered to their ears. No way. :nono

What, you actually expect drivers to use all of their senses these days? They're all too busy "multitasking" for such archaic ideas. I'd be happy if the majority would just used their eyes (and brain) once in a while. :rolleyes

-MTS

K Bike

My 93' K1100RS. Gone but not forgotten, best bike I've had......so far.

Attachments

• CDCK11.jpg
    CDCK11.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 850
Back