• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Tom:
Mine is a 1989. The color is called 'Toscana Green'. When you look at it, it looks like a dark blue. But then at different angles you can see the green. Hope this helps.

100_0892r-vi.jpg

100_0895r-vi.jpg

My Toy

Mike

my 1993 k75s

Here's my Bike, my Sister, and a Submarine

Attachments

• 100_0245.jpg
    100_0245.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,421
K12RS as a sport tourer

Recently added caliper-mount MotoLights.. exceptional visibility! See and be seen!

Attachments

• K12RS Touring Bike.jpg
    K12RS Touring Bike.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,375
K1200RS x 2

Me and my dad's K's in Vermont this summer. (That is me in the picture)

I picked this up four weeks ago and it is my first K bike. It has 48k and was well taken care of. I've ridden airheads since the 70's and wasn't even looking for another machine. I just couldn't pass up the deal that was offered to me. Is this the type of drive that needs a periodic spline lube? If so, how often?

Attachments

• DSCF7272.JPG
    DSCF7272.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,599
Burnszilla said:
I'm getting sick of all those airhead pics. Show me your K! ...
We hear the 2007 K1200S' are not in the country yet. Ours was flown in yesterday. We bought it today. Looks like this.
dimensions.jpg

image re-size

in photoshop try going to image size in the image menu bar and make it 6" on the longest size and 72dpi. Save as a jpeg and you're ready to go.
hope this helps,
S

warredon said:
I picked this up four weeks ago and it is my first K bike. It has 48k and was well taken care of. I've ridden airheads since the 70's and wasn't even looking for another machine. I just couldn't pass up the deal that was offered to me. Is this the type of drive that needs a periodic spline lube? If so, how often?

I would do the spline at the rear of the driveshaft every couple of years. Although many say to do the transmission input, I think if it shifts well, there's no need.

Only pic I have so far of my bike. Taken yesterday at our local toy run. My 89 K100rs and my wifes 06 vulcan 500. That's her on the left.

2006toyrun001.jpg

Bill

I'm new here, just picked up my first BMW.
96 K1100RS with 20K on the clock

untitledtl3.png

Last edited:
K-bikes...ols and new

New (again) to the Forum. Had a K100RS in England (Alaska Blue) 23K in pristine condition. Came back to the States, played with an Aprilia RST1000 Futura for a couple years. Now back with a 1985 K100RS in Madison silver with 10K on the clocks. Good to be back!

Attachments

• 2KRS.jpg
    2KRS.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,367
Yep, got lucky on that one, 'twas a great birthday present to myself. Anybody know of a good source for a bellypan? PM me, please...dont want to take this thread OT. Thanks!

Back