• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

VIN #3570, '92 K75S. Low seat was added before I bought it with 14K miles on it. It now has 30K and is pretty much a garage queen until my '08 F800ST warranty expires. I keep putting money into it even though she is sittin'. Installed a Works short shock last summer and planning to upgrade the fork springs this summer. Would like a more comfortable seat. (Looking for advice on seat mfg'ers and fork work.) The hazard switch is the only thing that doesn't work. Great bike! I plan to never sell her. Dave in Cedar Falls, IA

I LOVE RED Ss!!!!:dance:dance:dance

:dance:dance:dance

1985 k100rt

l_e9b2fd929efb4baeaf4ad85dc5948266.jpg

My French Rescue Project @ the Nurburgring this past Weekend

This bike sat outside abandoned for five years. it was all complete but did not run. I bought it for 500Ôé¼ and have used a lot of elbow grease, some money and great advise from this forum to get it to where it is reliable. it runs like a banshee and best of all, I get to use it some twelve times this year as I race cars at the Ring and will go back and forth! SAVES a LOT on car rentals and parking at the airprt is FREE!! Note the poor man's mod on the windscreen. My view is no longer interrupted and I get full air in my face which I like. For my next visit I hope to bring along a larger Top case which I bought through here, I am also looking to buy a shock and a seat (cheap!!, looking for nothing but cheap!!).:blah I need to re do the fork seals and change their oil. Tough to do long distance but I will try. Of course on this past trip I FORGOT THE BLOODY KEYS. Good thing the cases were not locked, so I hot wired it and later did have to trash the lock on the gas cap. Need to sort that out on my next trip over which is the 8 of April. Oh, and I did a lap of the Norshleiff (sic?) with it :dance
Next I will upload pics of my K1200RS and my K1. They live in Ohio....
the race at the Ring was on a bimmer of the four legged variety, E36, 318iS, started 164 of 173 and finished 100th. Four hour race I drove the last two. Fifth in class which was also last in class....get them next time!
Cheers
Andres

Attachments

• K100 LT @Nurburgring.jpg
    K100 LT @Nurburgring.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 638
One of My Classic Ks

Gotta love the look of those classic K100s. IMO, the best looking, easiest to own bikes in BMW's recent history.

Attachments

• IMG_1044 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1044 (Medium).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 607
Larry,

How are you metering air with those horns?

Thanks,

Scottie
San Jose CA

I don't know if Larry ever answered you or not, so I'll butt in. On all 4-valve bikes, including the K1, the air isn't measured as on the earlier Ks. The old ones used a version of L (luft!) Jetronic which had a flapper to measure air flow. The newer bikes used Motronic, which did away with that. The computer was programed to know how much air the engine would be breathing at any given RPM and throttle setting, and it metered the right amount of fuel for that amount of air.

Larry, that is just incredible !!!

The finest hot rod K I have ever lain eyes on. I hope I get a chance to see it in the 'flesh' some day.

I never get tired of looking at Larry's exquisite Kreations...but just imagine the same bike in a super-gloss black or dark metallic blue....hmmmmm:dance

Larry,

How are you metering air with those horns?

Thanks,

Scottie
San Jose CA

I don't know if Larry ever answered you or not, so I'll butt in. On all 4-valve bikes, including the K1, the air isn't measured as on the earlier Ks. The old ones used a version of L (luft!) Jetronic which had a flapper to measure air flow. The newer bikes used Motronic, which did away with that. The computer was programed to know how much air the engine would be breathing at any given RPM and throttle setting, and it metered the right amount of fuel for that amount of air.

Tonycarlos is right Scottie. Metering is managed by the Motronic and instead of an air flow meter, the 1100/1200 brick motors use an air temp sensor. I am managing the fuel injection with a programmable injection computer from Dynojet. The Dynojet FI harness is grafted into the OEM loom. I can adjust A/F ratio and the system is closed loop. It is possible to run open loop and map the entire FI manually but for now the closed loop system is fine. The engine idles well and has immediate throttle response, and pulls like a frieght train. A/F is set @ 13.8:1

I will have several bikes, including this one at the Redmond rally this year, if all goes according to plan...

....Larry

Tonycarlos is right Scottie. Metering is managed by the Motronic and instead of an air flow meter, the 1100/1200 brick motors use an air temp sensor. I am managing the fuel injection with a programmable injection computer from Dynojet. The Dynojet FI harness is grafted into the OEM loom. I can adjust A/F ratio and the system is closed loop. It is possible to run open loop and map the entire FI manually but for now the closed loop system is fine. The engine idles well and has immediate throttle response, and pulls like a frieght train. A/F is set @ 13.8:1

I will have several bikes, including this one at the Redmond rally this year, if all goes according to plan...

....Larry

Cool. Good to know. Thanks guys.

The Dearly Departed

Stepped on my thing at a track day in France, lost the front end. Was going to be just a scratched up bike until the sucker caught and edge and was launched up in the air. Would have lived had it landed on the gravel trap, instead it landed on the pavement. Did great out of the insurance, thus I bought its twin here.

Attachments

• DSCN1665.jpg
    DSCN1665.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 883
My new to me 03 K1200RS

Just a month under my care. Received new title this week. I love this bike!

Attachments

• 2003-K1200RS #1.jpg
    2003-K1200RS #1.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 808
NICE! I got the same one. Just got back from just over a 1,000 mile ride:D Best bike I've ever had! Enjoy!

I will. Still have the 94 R1100RS sitting in the garage. Just couldn't get used to the twin. Always had 4 cylinders. Working on GPS and radar mount now.

Back