• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

85 K100RT restored

Here is my K100RT 85' with 62K on her. Hand restored after 2 or 3 hard & long Pa. Winters. I had it in Bloomsberg last week. A "heat" machine but fun :thumb.. well, it WAS 105 degrees out on Friday as I rode! Thank God for "water wetter"! I averaged 41 MPG on my 545 mi. short 3 day trip. This bike is a Pennsylvania Antique now & found it in Fla. for a VERY resonable price! In Pennsylvania once a bike reaches 25 years old you can apply for such a title & avoid further Registration renewal fees- FOREVER! Plus, NO ANNUAL STATE inspections required ANYMORE! Maybe I'm insane but..., anyone want to trade a R80RT or R100RT 78 to 85 with similar milage with bags and backrest/ rack for this machine?!!
Cheers!
George J. Blackham IV
1stSgt, USMC (Ret)
Johnstown, Pa. 15904
814-266-9573
V. Pres.- LHBMWRC

Attachments

• DSCF0806.jpg
    DSCF0806.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 792
At the top of the Grossglocker pass

This is my '85 K100RS at the top of the Grossglocker pass in Austria in July 2011. We were on the way back to Belgrade, Serbia from the BMW Motorrad Days.

Jim Herne
Belgrade, Serbia
Red '85 K100 Standard (in Minnesota)
Black '85 K100RS (in Serbia)
Black '63 R27 (in Serbia - under restoration)

Attachments

• Grossglocker pass - 2011-07-06.jpg
    Grossglocker pass - 2011-07-06.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 629
Yep, it is all original. There are two rock chips in the paint - that's it. It is remarkably original, and just turned over 14,000 miles this past weekend. I was always a fan of the bike, but when it came out I was a youngster of 20. I thought it was too "mature" for my tastes - funny how age does that to you?

It keeps good company with my 85 K100RS (11K miles) and 05 F650CSA (along with other non-German bikes).

I just purchased a 85 K100RS with just under 50K on the clock. Will the tail cowl with handles like on your 88 fit an 85? Your 88 looks superb.

Since I had to get new bags thanks to the left one just deciding to vaporize one day, I opted for replacing the left one with a new back assembly and an extra large lid and then replaced the lid only on the right ... was cheaper than buying another color matched complete left bag and my wife can pack more crap with us now. Now nearly 4 feet wide, it did force me to get an over the road permit and have to have permanent signed displayed ... having a pilot bike helps too. ;)

Now if those new BMWMOA stickers would show up - the place of honor is vacant just waiting.

wide load.jpg

Since I had to get new bags thanks to the left one just deciding to vaporize one day, I opted for replacing the left one with a new back assembly and an extra large lid and then replaced the lid only on the right ... was cheaper than buying another color matched complete left bag and my wife can pack more crap with us now. Now nearly 4 feet wide, it did force me to get an over the road permit and have to have permanent signed displayed ... having a pilot bike helps too. ;)

Now if those new BMWMOA stickers would show up - the place of honor is vacant just waiting.

View attachment 29538

I hear ya. I have a Class A CDL; so I'm totally covered no matter how big, heavy, wide, long, high I go. :thumb

2001 k1200rs

Taxi K-Bikes are awesome!! This bike is timeless!:drink

Attachments

• DSCF2243.jpg
    DSCF2243.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 841
1985 k100rs

Here's my 85 K100RS at a lookout in the Chattahoochee National Forest in North Georgia.

SixGap2.jpg

Hey Chris, I'm planning a 'Smokey Mountain' trip next June. Can you give me any tips or ideas. Places to stay, eat, see etc... Send it to me in a PM. Thanks~!

Back