• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

My new machine...an '87 K75S

Just picked it up in Chicago from a good friend who's owned it since he purchased it new 22 years ago.

Beautiful, rode home under the cold, cloudy skies to the Detroit area; smoooooth (especially after owning KTM singles!).
Such a great looking ride, comfy and still pretty contemporary from a design perspective after all of these years.

New fluids and tires and I am set for the season, assuming we are done with snow until September or October!

23,000 miles, all the bags, three seats, three windshields and 30 years of friendship.

I remember Dave riding to my apartment the day he picked this thing up from the dealer - he was proud and young, I was hung-over and young and now I'm the proud owner and less young.

525014446_mff6T-M.jpg

525018398_zNjuV-M.jpg

Holy crap! That bike and the history that goes with it make it one smokin' deal regardless of whatever you had to pay for it!

Major congratulations, I'm sure you must be over the moon!:drink :german :eat :laugh ;)

ENJOY!

Going to Prudoe Bay, Alaska on the haul road, pipe line in the back ground.

Attachments

• DSC03339.JPG
    DSC03339.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 951
03 RS, low standard shield, extended wind protection at hands (will come off soon with summer), a custom rear rack with chicane bag. Along the Blue Ridge Parkway May 2 09

Can I join in?

Yeah, it's an ordinary red K1100RS, but after nearly 2 years of owning it- things are just about as I want them (and nothing is leaking!)

2702365834_6f084303e8.jpg

Top of the "Kanc" in N.H. (very close to home)

Ha! I've seen only a couple of black K75S's in the flesh, and they were just beautiful. Maybe the next one... :evil

Black is one of three colors I'm narrowing down to in choosing which to paint my bike this summer---whatever I decide I'll be posting pictures here at some point. Inasmuch as I've just ordered a Makita buffer/polisher I WILL be polishing out my aluminum tank for sure. Black would look great w/ that shiny tank, but so would charcoal grey metallic or a deep Royal Blue Metallic which are the two other colors under consideration. Yeah, I know, I'll have to get out the Mother's Mag Polish every weekend to ward off corrosion (esp. here in acid-rainy Hawaii) but it will be well worth it. Whether or not I end up stripping and polishing the Y spoke wheels is anothyer story (PITA to keep polished between the disc rotors):scratch

I happened across an ad on IBMWR that said" K75 w/polished aluminum tank" so I emailed the seller and he sent me a couple of photos. So inspired, I ordered the Makita the next morning and will begin work as soon as it arrives (mid-late June via Amazon's Super Saver slow shipping).

Not meaning to hijack this great thread so will say "Hasta luego" for now and let the photo thread continue. Btw, Sugar Hill's K1100 is also very nice looking bike---congrats on getting it dialed in sweetly. Nice feeling, isn't it?:dance

My '87 K on the Dragon on the 2009 Memorial Day Weekend. She has travelled 217,000 km or approximately 135,000 miles. I am the second owner. The last 96,000 km I rode during the past four summers. The left driving light is missing; it was sent out for repairs. I got a lot of comments that the headlight combined with the off centre right driving light got possible more notice than if all three lights were present.:ca

Attachments

• Dragon K Ride May 09.jpg
    Dragon K Ride May 09.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 985
1990 Pearl White K75s Just got this one.. My son wants it.
1985 Red/Black K100rs My main ride
1986 K75T Green with Black Pichler fairing

Last edited:
Don't break the law!

Hey, Chuck; If you're having trouble posting photos here may I suggest using Photobucket? real easy to upload from there.:whistle

Back