• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

1987 K100 Lt

New to MOA and 1st post. I bought this bike in October from a Harley owner that had the bike for 3 years. He put 200 miles on bike. Bike had a Kentucky salvage title. Had been down on left side. Missing crash bar, missing radio and 1 speaker, both glove box lids, left knee guard, gouged left mirror, left hard bag, numerous cracks in left upper and lower fairing. Blown fork seal on 1st ride. He had instaled a new fuel pump and filter. Bike has a Bill Mayer seat that looks new, new Dunlop Elite IIs. 23,000 miles on clock (24,000 now). The engine and drive components looked new. No coolant or oil leaks.
The bike was an original light gold color. Made the bike look like an old mans bike.

Gave him $1800 I figured I could have a nice touring bike for $2500.
New gel battery, starter relay, spark plugs, fork seals, fluid change (brake, coolant, final drive, transmisson, oil and filter, new glove box lids, Ebay knee guard, steering bearing grease packed. Had to fix 2 pinhole fuel leaks in tank, and fill a small dent where fairing hit the tank. Welded heat shield nuts to muffler. Removed the radio antenna, repaired mirror, fairing, and slick finished the hardbags. They turned out better than I expected. Color is Toyota Dark Grey Flint. Don't know to the penney but around $2400 in her. All my work. Runs and drive perfect. The picture is the side that was wrecked.

Attachments

• bmw 002.jpg
    bmw 002.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,358
Last edited:
126182956-M.jpg

:brad :brad :brad

From what I've heard, I thought only GSs are parked on their sides like that.

I hope it sustained minimal or no damage?

Damage was minor, a wire in the mirror hosuing that had to be soldered, and the rivets on the side case broke and had to be replaced. Also, that bike it heavy. :D

Riding in the winter is fun. Not for everyone, to be sure, but still fun. I am certainly not planning on stopping any time soon.

Hey All, I figured I would finally join the fray after many years of owning K bikes. The one pictured here is actually an 87 K75S that I custom fitted K1100RS fairing package onto. Paint is dark indigo metalic. this bike has never missed a beat and was my first K bike. I dont have any pics of its big brother, a 96 K1100RS that I picked up at the dealer for $1000 because it had been dropped...on the free way....and actually did not need much...WHAT A TANK! This one pictured is for sale in OR at a friends house. I hate to see it go, but I have more bikes than room at the moment.

Attachments

• 3K bike R side.JPG
    3K bike R side.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,316
The Mrs on her K75/3-A thats's what it says on the title. Model year 1995, last of it's kind. It's been a great motorcycle. We've added some touring accessories over the years. Russell seat, factory touring shield, heated grips, GS hand guards, Progressive shocks and springs, Motolights. It's by far the easiest machine in the garage to take care of.

Somewhere in North Carolina....
100_0577.jpg

100_0009.jpg

My 1991 K100LT

Love this bike!

Attachments

• Andrews BMW-K100LT.JPG
    Andrews BMW-K100LT.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,372
Just happy I made it to the National Rally

I made it to my first nationally rally. 1200 miles what a trip

Attachments

• BMW national rally.jpg
    BMW national rally.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,325
The K76 (not a typo)

Built from scratch...Euro K75 high compression engine, port/polished heads, K1 tranny and paralever, Fox double clicker, White Power Cartidge inserts in front, upgraded alternator, dual Harrison front brakes, Sprint dual headlight fairing.

Very smooth and great 2 up bike. Almost 70K miles on it since the build.:clap

Attachments

• Orient Blue K76 small.jpg
    Orient Blue K76 small.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,283
12RS at the bridges

Here's a shot of my bike near the Bluewater Bridges that cross between Sarnia, Ontario and Port Huron, Michigan. This was taken last week when the temperature got well above freezing. There was lots of ice flowing under the bridges from Lake Huron and there is still some snow. The flags under the bridges are on the Michigan side of the river. I'm sure a lot of riders will be crossing here on their way to West Bend in July. See you there.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,272
K76

Built from scratch...Euro K75 high compression engine, port/polished heads, K1 tranny and paralever, Fox double clicker, White Power Cartidge inserts in front, upgraded alternator, dual Harrison front brakes, Sprint dual headlight fairing.

Very smooth and great 2 up bike. Almost 70K miles on it since the build.:clap

THAT is a very sweet bike! Please post some more photos. :thumb :thumb

UpState NY Cool Day Fall 2006

Us K riders are sure in the minority. I love mine. This is a 1999K1200lt Motorcycle trip2 010.jpg

Last edited:
Back