• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

2006 K1200r

This is the way she looked on Valentines day this year. It was 17 degrees! Temp did not seem to matter for some reason :dunno

Attachments

• k1220r01c.jpg
    k1220r01c.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,773
Lots of nice K's

69056908-M.jpg
Ok now, here is my first K, bought last weekend... K100RS

GregFeeler said:
Nice! Arrest Me Red - isn't that what they call that color? :brow

Note that the rider is not with the bike. Could he already be in custody? :brad

Nice bike, wonder what it will bring at the impound sale :bolt

Yeah, praise the Whoa!

Thank you for the tip "o" the helmet.....
This bike will give me tickets or afterlife, hope I can afford the speed, not only does this bike SUCK.... it rocks, never went over a buck-twenty til this k-bike. I better sign up for a track day!
Good Luck in your new position as our Prez, wishing you & Tina the best... see you in Vermont! Karl

Welcome Crow18, so you are trying to convince us that the hockey stick is not for dealing with road rage. :stick

M1ka said:
Welcome Crow18, so you are trying to convince us that the hockey stick is not for dealing with road rage. :stick

The sticks are so securely bungied that it would be easier for me to unzip the bag and fling a skate at someone. It does seem to deter tailgaters, however.

Wyoming

Grand Teton National Park, Sept. 2005

Attachments

• 100_0001_s.jpg
    100_0001_s.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,778
Heres my baby

Heading up north on 23 towards Ann Arbor this past week-end.

Attachments

• NEW K1200RS.jpg
    NEW K1200RS.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,763
New paint

My Krauser fairing is made from Unobtainium, so I had to have it completely reglassed to make it useable. Then, since I was having it painted, I decided it was pretty cheap (incrementally) to add a custom graphic.

I'm pretty pleased with it, and the shop did a show-quality finish on it, but I will continue to ride this bike, and just let the paint suffer. The fairing does make the rest of the paint look shabby though.

I had to take this picture while it still looked pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_1361smallcrop.JPG
    IMG_1361smallcrop.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 1,654
Last edited:
K-heat

Hey, seeing all these K1 bikes (and probably the K100LTs also) makes me ask a question:

On my K100, how much can I wisely block off the heat behind the fairing and in front of my legs without causing problems? The K1 pictures make it look like the fairing is well sealed to the tank and engine, so that would sure take some heat off me.

merrittgene said:
Hey, seeing all these K1 bikes (and probably the K100LTs also) makes me ask a question:

On my K100, how much can I wisely block off the heat behind the fairing and in front of my legs without causing problems? The K1 pictures make it look like the fairing is well sealed to the tank and engine, so that would sure take some heat off me.

I have a K1 and have owned a K100RT so know something about HEAT. ;) The heat transfer on the K1 is much different from the K100RT in that your legs and upper body do not get cooked, but there is a lot of heat that comes from down low across you feet and lower legs. At highway speeds it's not too bad, but around town it builds up and then really gets your attention when you get on the open road until the heat "trapped" under the fairing gets a chance to purge. My take on this is you shouldn't do a lot of low speed running with the K1 because it seems to collect more heat under the body work than seems like a good idea.

On the K100RT the heat would come up from just below the tank and get sucked up past my legs and onto my torso because of the negative pressure behind the fairing. On a hot day it was an oven. I got a set of Kguard Heat Shields which helped quite a bit. They fill in the gap just behind the fairing lowers and force the heat to pass behind them and exit behind your legs. You still don't get a lot of fresh air due to the size of the fairing, but at least the convection oven effect is greatly reduced. ;) The web site for the company that makes these is still there, but it's marked that they are closed for business right now: http://hometown.aol.com/bmwkguard/ You might also find some for sale by searching the lists.

Back