• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Question for Godzilla

Hey Godzilla,
Sorry about your accident. How did your new bike manage to come with an adjustable windshield? They weren't available until '91 I believe?
I'd love to put one on my '90 but I didn't know what else would have to be changed out to make it fit..(The bags are from a 4 valve bike as well.)

K1200rs

Wife no longer wants to go with me, so I traded in the LT for an RS last fall. Most fun I've had in years!

Attachments

• 100_0101.jpg
    100_0101.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 645
The Kaw Lady

Well let's try this:
BMW001.jpg

The ol-gal has now 107500 miles.
I call her Kaw Lady for her being from Kansas, land of the Kaw (Kansa) people.
clutch.jpg

This is a close up. Last summer's project.
Not for the timid!
UnionBridge.jpg

At Union Bridge near Madison MO.
Highway C south of Rt 870.

The Philippi Races. Early in the Civil War in Virgina/W. Virginia, these were Union and Confederate manuvers. I like the torque bar on your bike. :thumb

PA241240-1.jpg

120 mi ride today in 85 degree weather. Time to try a insulating heat shield / blanket under the tank!

Beautiful bike! I was under the impression that all 1100's had the tank insulation and heat management updates inherited from the earlier K-100's. :scratch

Greg-the tank does have insulation under it. What I was referring to was an idea that Johnny O came up with. A layer of double faced foil insulation under the tank and draped to the sides to help move some of the heat away from the rider.

Greg-the tank does have insulation under it. What I was referring to was an idea that Johnny O came up with. A layer of double faced foil insulation under the tank and draped to the sides to help move some of the heat away from the rider.

I'd missed Johnny O's description - will have to find that. My first K-bike was K100RT and it was a hot sucker on a hot summer day at speed. :brow

here is the johnny blanket 3.0... moved on from foil bubble and foil foam to a single layer of mylar... at this point its my best effort... no hot seat... no hot knees... no thigh blast... butts its gotta go from the steering head to the seat bung with only 3 holes... 1 for the fuel overflow and 1 for the fuel pump electrical connector and 1 for the seat lock... its 100% yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

we shall see what summer brings... butts im quite happy with it right now...

johnny blanket 3.0...

j o

my K 75S

Ready to ride into the season of 2012. New tires installed, oil changed, fluids topped up and a new seat cover.

Attachments

• HPIM6204.jpg
    HPIM6204.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 656
1987 k75 t

Here's my '87 T model. Found it last summer with only 21,000 miles, and all the accessories pictured (plus the alarm system).

Attachments

• IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 627
Here's my '87 T model. Found it last summer with only 21,000 miles, and all the accessories pictured (plus the alarm system).

Gorgeous...but I'm partial to blue...

My baby has more miles this year than all of last!

Nothing like having a reliable bike to ride while the GS's final drive was being rebuilt...:whistle

5848870196_77bd08b3b3_b.jpg

Why did the K75 cross the tracks?:dunno
To show the airhead it could be done. :wow
Nice bike. I'm converting my K100RT to a K100T useing that same oem fairing.:thumb

I can't believe I haven't posted a shot of my 1990 K75S yet.

Marakesh Red - the fastest colour I'm told.

I bought it last August, enjoyed it until the winter then replaced the clutch, rear main seal and output shaft o-ring.

I'm new to riding, this is my first bike, and I guess I got lucky because I think it might be just the right bike for me. It fits me great, it goes and handles oh-so-well. It's not hard to work on...

I'll post again when the background is sexier but for now this blackberry pic will have to do.

If only I had some city bags though......(anyone?)

Attachments

• tmp.jpg
    tmp.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 526
Back