Thread: Neutral Switch Replacement

Neutral Switch Replacement

I lost my gear and neutral switch indication after a transmission / clutch project on my K1. I have verified that the switch is bad. What is the process for removing the swing arm? do I need to pull the rear first or can I pull the swing arm / drive shaft as an assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by 35164 View Post
    I lost my gear and neutral switch indication after a transmission / clutch project on my K1. I have verified that the switch is bad. What is the process for removing the swing arm? do I need to pull the rear first or can I pull the swing arm / drive shaft as an assembly?
    You can pull it all together. But, It is both heavy and weight biased to the right. Two people makes it easy. With one it is a bit tricky.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

3 Red Bricks
    On the Paralever bikes, isn't there going to be a driveshaft timing issue when you try to put it back together if you pulled it apart in one piece?

Last edited by 98lee; 05-19-2015 at 12:31 AM.
    LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    On the Paralever bikes, isn't there going to be a driveshaft timing issue when you try to put it back together ifyou pulled it apart in one piece?

Yes - I forgot that detail. Actually I'm not sure it is possible to re-engage the driveshaft once pulled apart.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/