• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New generation 2015 Roadster

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
snipped this from Bench Racing...thanks Jon:wave

The R 12 R in it's new clothes. Love it /Hate it...it's here:thumb

Hate it because I told myself I wouldn't buy another Roadster but I want one. I hate when that happens :brad

I like it, but still wondering why BMW is moving away from the paralever system ? I know of course there are improvements in hydraulics , and forks only are less weight , less complexity ...maybe that's reason enough ?

Saw a photo of one with side panniers ,...they look small ?...I never say never but I think I'll keep my "04" Roadster.

I would like to try out that 125 HP engine though.

I like it, but still wondering why BMW is moving away from the paralever system ?

I think you meant telelever. The reason is lack of space within their design constraints. They need room for the radiator. Adding both radiator and telelever doesn't fit the design they have in mind. Perhaps it ruins the visual balance. :dunno

I think you meant telelever. The reason is lack of space within their design constraints. They need room for the radiator. Adding both radiator and telelever doesn't fit the design they have in mind. Perhaps it ruins the visual balance. :dunno

I think BMW is trying to attract younger riders. The telelever is an outstanding front end, but not sporty enough.

I like it, but still wondering why BMW is moving away from the paralever system ? I know of course there are improvements in hydraulics , and forks only are less weight , less complexity ...maybe that's reason enough ?

Saw a photo of one with side panniers ,...they look small ?...I never say never but I think I'll keep my "04" Roadster.

I would like to try out that 125 HP engine though.

This is par of the sport class now and the market demands telescopic forks.

The product manager in the interview claims the upside down forks do the trick...slightly paraphrased of course.
They are not /5 era technology forks here fellas. Ride it you'll probably like it and not miss the older design...or you will and be grumpy:wave

The product manager in the interview claims the upside down forks do the trick...slightly paraphrased of course.
They are not /5 era technology forks here fellas. Ride it you'll probably like it and not miss the older design...or you will and be grumpy:wave
What kinda' oil do you think they use in those forks Steve? :wow
OM

I think 31 liters and 32 liters are nice size bags.
01_details_koffer_652x290.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bCr82b7sT3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hate this video :wave

I think 31 liters and 32 liters are nice size bags.
01_details_koffer_652x290.jpg

Well then at least they're the same as the system cases....just a tad larger would be nice though.

I also have a Victory Crossroad...not my favorite road bike...but I admit to being spoiled by the 40+ liter cases...they are just enough that I do not need rackbag/trunk...& I like the cleaner set-up.

It has the same hp our R12S has ...zoom

And that big red R may be on certain paint schemes only. That black one in the latest video looks clean. Not a deal breaker as many of the decals can be removed these days.

Back