• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

30 Miles before noon

sheridesabeemer

I Used to Be Someone
Smiling. Your face hurts from smiling and youÔÇÖve only done 30 miles before noon. Focus. Walls of rock to your left, drop off the cliff to your right , stay focused. 40 mph on a lane so narrow you have to stop to let a car go by the other way, yet you are passing the cars in your way. Switchbacks, one after another, after another. You never get the bike out of second gear because you need all the power all the time. The speedo never mattered, the rpms did, because you're always about to redline - in first, in second, maybe in third. Brakes. Imagine engaging the ABS...several times a day, with just the rear brake. Scrape your boot on a right, throw the bike to the left, and scrape your left boot. Inhale as you pass on a blind curve. Lock 'em up as you meet a bus on a hairpin. Pray to god, any god, as you do 150 on the autobahn. Soak in the sun as you sip cappuccino at the top of a mountain pass. Turn into your hotel night after night, so wired up from adrenaline, yet so exhausted you drop into your feather bed and sleep until the village church bells awake you. Turn in your machine at the end of the week, and wonder how youÔÇÖll ever ride the straight road again. Ride the Alps.

GT_054.jpg

Gail_050.jpg

group_048.jpg

Last edited:
very neato,

I actually thought it was a ride report on the HD

Very Nice

Gail,

You're a poet. Great BIG pics, too. I especially like the photo of you with the mountains in the background. That's quite a grin you've got. Thanks for sharing. :thumb

Thanks for sharing...where exactly was this please? I live in MI where my driveway is the state's hightest point probably and so I recognize flat areas where you can see your dog running away for three days etc.
Thanks again :bikes

Back