• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Toy

I

ian408

A week or so ago, I took a couple of hour test ride on a new 1200GS.
Seeing as I already had a GS, I really shouldn't have. This past Saturday,
I pulled the trigger and bought this:

33752144-M.jpg

On Sunday, kbasa, MrsKbasa and I met at motorcycle haven, Alice's
Restaurant in Woodside, CA. for a little breaky.

Some sort of Tiki god greeted us at the door...

27734376-M.jpg

Off and on, I've heard kbasa talk about "my niece...trip out west...".
It's a great ride report and it's got some beautiful pictures.

Hey Chacifer, Uncle Dave says hello (see if you can spot the resemblence).

33882412-M.jpg

A little food...

33885764-M.jpg

And a short while later, we were off. I to break in the GS and Tina
and Dave to enjoy the coast.

I had a great day in the mountains and eventually made it over to Santa
Cruz and up the coast. In all, a nice 200 mile break in day.

Ian

Ian,

Where does the RT (avatar) fit into your new mount? One for each day? HA, you'll be sellin' the RT in no time.

Nice pic's

SFDOC said:
Ian,

Where does the RT (avatar) fit into your new mount? One for each day? HA, you'll be sellin' the RT in no time.

Nice pic's

Still got it though I think seat team will fall off :D

Ian

Hey man! Good to see you yesterday. We went down 84 and up the coast. It was kind of foggy, so we headed inland and then up through the city. I was going to go up along Ocean Beach and through the Presidio, but it was just too foggy.

Sweet bike. Did you get enough miles on it for the 600 mile service? :ha

KBasa said:
Hey man! Good to see you yesterday. We went down 84 and up the coast. It was kind of foggy, so we headed inland and then up through the city. I was going to go up along Ocean Beach and through the Presidio, but it was just too foggy.

Sweet bike. Did you get enough miles on it for the 600 mile service? :ha

Just about 1/2 the miles :D

I went the other way. Originally, I was going to pickup the camera stuff but quickly
blew that off in favor of a trip through the hills and over to the coast. I came up 1 to
Half Moon Bay. Not too much fog but you could tell that North would have been socked
in. Windy ride. Then over the hill, back up to Alice's and then home.

Ian

Ian - sweet bike! After you get your 600 mile service, take this route (apologies if you're already done it....)

Carmel Valley Road waaaaaayyyyy south... and turn south (right) on Arroya Seca Road. If you get to Greenfield, you went too far.

Take that into Ft. Hunter Liggett. (Hopefully it's still open for traffic). This is bumpy, rocky, dirt... but easy on any GS. Unless it's raining...

You can explore east on Milpitas Road... and further on Reliz Canyon Road... or... some of the roads back this get rough/turn into tank roads.

Continue south on Del Venturi Road and take a right (west) on Naciemento-Ferguson Road. Great ride down the hill to the ocean/PCH.

Take water. Take your GPS. Take your bags off before you go. Take a friend. Kbasa sounds like a good choice... he has a GS. :nod

Ian

Visian said:
Ian - sweet bike! After you get your 600 mile service, take this route (apologies if you're already done it....)

Carmel Valley Road waaaaaayyyyy south... and turn south (right) on Arroya Seca Road. If you get to Greenfield, you went too far.

Take that into Ft. Hunter Liggett. (Hopefully it's still open for traffic). This is bumpy, rocky, dirt... but easy on any GS. Unless it's raining...

You can explore east on Milpitas Road... and further on Reliz Canyon Road... or... some of the roads back this get rough/turn into tank roads.

Continue south on Del Venturi Road and take a right (west) on Naciemento-Ferguson Road. Great ride down the hill to the ocean/PCH.

Take water. Take your GPS. Take your bags off before you go. Take a friend. Kbasa sounds like a good choice... he has a GS. :nod

Ian

If I can get a 600 mile service :D The dealers around here are scheduling
out until the end of the month of September :violin

This is a seriously great ride and if any of you are in town and miss it, shame
on you :D

Ian

Back