• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New moa home page

Glad you found the right combination of things to make the marketplace work. I think I'm hearing that pictures have to be uploaded which gives Panjo the rights to use them...whatever that means...so it makes sense that you can't link pictures from your existing on-line photo site.

Also, good confirmation to others that they can choose different payment systems, and that you're not looked into paypal.

Panjo gets the rights, I assume, so they can not only "air" your sales ad here at MOA, but also elsewhere.
One of the options I found along the way was to allow (or deny) Panjo permission to either let them post your ad in other places (no idea where exactly) or to disallow that, and have the ad only shown here in the MOA Flea Market.

I chose the MOA only option, but this is another new aspect of the flea market- linking it with Panjo conceivably gives you a much wider market for selling your stuff...
for better or worse.

As I said, tho- the choice is your own, as to allow or not, the display of your ad elsewhere. However, this stands out as a good example of why we should read everything carefully before we "click". Folks often randomly click away then complain later when stuff happens and they had no idea it was coming.

Panjo gets the rights, I assume, so they can not only "air" your sales ad here at MOA, but also elsewhere.
One of the options I found along the way was to allow (or deny) Panjo permission to either let them post your ad in other places (no idea where exactly) or to disallow that, and have the ad only shown here in the MOA Flea Market.

I chose the MOA only option, but this is another new aspect of the flea market- linking it with Panjo conceivably gives you a much wider market for selling your stuff...
for better or worse.

As I said, tho- the choice is your own, as to allow or not, the display of your ad elsewhere. However, this stands out as a good example of why we should read everything carefully before we "click". Folks often randomly click away then complain later when stuff happens and they had no idea it was coming.

Hello,

One of the added benefits of Panjo is that your listing can be shown on our mobile application and website. This means that your advertisement gets more views and a better chance of being purchased. Without Panjo, only a user on the forum specifically looking at the classifieds would be able to buy your item. Now, any enthusiast can visit the forum, our website, or our mobile app and purchase the item for sale.

Please let me know if anything else needs clarifying or if anyone else needs help!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Hello,

One of the added benefits of Panjo is that your listing can be shown on our mobile application and website. This means that your advertisement gets more views and a better chance of being purchased. Without Panjo, only a user on the forum specifically looking at the classifieds would be able to buy your item. Now, any enthusiast can visit the forum, our website, or our mobile app and purchase the item for sale.

Please let me know if anything else needs clarifying or if anyone else needs help!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Wow! Way to elicit user alliance! Thanks for posting to this thread. I was skeptical about letting my advert go out onto Panjo's app... But now I'm rethinking this. I'm going to look at Panjo a little more deeply.

Can you tell us how many people have downloaded your app, and approximately how widespread they user base is?

Wow! Way to elicit user alliance! Thanks for posting to this thread. I was skeptical about letting my advert go out onto Panjo's app... But now I'm rethinking this. I'm going to look at Panjo a little more deeply.

Can you tell us how many people have downloaded your app, and approximately how widespread they user base is?

Hello,

I will have to go and check with the product team regarding the mobile numbers as we usually run our analytics at the end of each month, but have been pretty busy after the holiday break. I will get back to you once we go over everything.

As for the mobile platform in general, the user base is spread throughout several online enthusiast forums. This includes many automotive brands such as BMW, Porsche, and Audi. If you haven't already, I recommend downloading the Panjo Mobile App and checking it out! We are about to release a big update that will align the functionality between the desktop marketplace and the mobile app more closely as we have found many of our desktop users increasingly want to use mobile. Here is a link to our app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/panjo/id741184746?mt=8

Please let me know if you have any more questions, comments, or feedback as we use this type of user feedback to improve the marketplace everyday!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

dig it!

Immediately liked it as soon as the slide show came up! A very pleasant change, plus I don't have to sign in three times to get between the home page, the forum, and the flea market.

Thanx, whomever!

Was the site so bad before? Was in not working correctly? Some one's relative designs web pages and needed a job?

Job Creators... And all THAT implies...
Not really........This has been discussed before. The Homepage is one thing the Member login is another, the ability to purchase goods and services on the home page is another, the Forum is another.
All of this software needs to work together, this is how it was done.
I guess a good example is a user trying to download Windoze 8.1 on their 8 year old XP computer.
OM

I guess a good example is a user trying to download Windoze 8.1 on their 8 year old XP computer.
OM

It would be who would "run" windows on an 8 yo computer?
No one... As it doesn't run well on today's computers either...
Besides... Who the hell uses windows? :hungover

Haven't looked at flea market for couple weeks. So this evening gave it a try. Useless. 24 items pop up, a few pictures, most listings no picture, blank, mixed product, boots, bikes, tank bag, whatever. Turned off. Useless, not worth the effort. Thanx.

We had a cool flea market. The new one is goofy, IMO.

24 items show up per page by default. Click the next button to see the next 24. You can also choose to see up to 144 per page with the drop down. Currently 248 items available. Also if all the pictures don't load refresh the page and they will.

Haven't looked at flea market for couple weeks. So this evening gave it a try. Useless. 24 items pop up, a few pictures, most listings no picture, blank, .

I set the flea market to display 144 items per page and when I checked page one, every ad had a picture.
More people seem to ad pictures with the ad now compared to the old flea market.
Also the picture size is much better now. The pictures in the old flea market were tiny.

I had an email from Panjo

The other day asking if I'd sold my "item". There was a link to delete, or edit the advert.
I went there, and did some editing, among other things choosing to allow Paypal payments- which means linking my PP account with the ad.

Not sure if it was because I was working on my iPad, but the link to Paypal didn't happen, & couldn't seem to go thru after several "clicks".

I chose to contact Panjo Support and let them know about the problem.

Back