• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Some Roads You Might (Should!) Ride

There is a short section of 60 near Fayetteville (actually between Fayetteville and Charleston) that is very much like Deal's Gap(mini version), BUT it has more traffic and side roads. Nice run though.
:clap

Suggestions for route thru PA?

I'll be riding my K75 down from the Adirondacks in Northern New York, and I just hate the thought of taking I-81 thru Pennsylvania - trucks, road constuction, potholes and boring superslab. Does anyone have suggestions on getting thru PA from, say Binghamton, NY down to around Hagerstown, MD?

Tom Dudones
Saranac Lake, NY:dunno

"Mountain Magic" article

American Motorcyclist , Feb. 2001, pp. 23-34 has a good article on asphalt riding, dual sport riding, and dirt riding in West Virginia.
(Roads ridden are described and rated.)

Also -- a nice little publication titled West Virginia Byways and Backways may be useful for some. Contact the WV Division of Tourism at 1-800-CALLWVA. http://www.callwva.com
(Midland Trail, Highland Scenic Highway - asphalt;
Williams River Backway - dual sport)

In addition, I've drawn up some maps with suggested loop rides (asphalt) from Charleston. Contact me directly if you would like me to send them to you -- or maybe I should post them on my web site for your perusal?

Having never been to a national rally before, I don't know what information is available with regard to descriptive information, maps, etc. Maybe this is overkill?

:thumb

There is little that is better than a loop ride put together by someone that knows the area. I believe there will be "self guided tours" available and a Poker Run, which is a variation of such a tour.

But if you want to put your loops up, it sure won't hurt.

dave

Five Loop Rides +

If, by chance, some may be interested in investigating, before their arrival in Charleston, some interesting rides, I have put together some of my favorites. The maps are low-res for quicker loading, but are of sufficient quality for you to transfer the information to your map.

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/jonesw/rally.html

I've got a few pics from some of these which I'll upload at a later time.

Back