• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600's Riding to BMW Mexico Moto Clubs Rally in Chiapas; October of 2015.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
K1600's Riding to BMW Mexico Moto Clubs Rally in Chiapas; September 2015.

K1600's Riding to BMW Mexico Moto Clubs Rally in Chiapas; September of 2015.

To BMW MOA Mexico Ambassador Tenorio: Hola Ruben, We AZ Beemers BMW MOA Club #89 love riding to your BMW Events, I have enclosed a photo of us in Mascota on the Guadalajara-Puerto Vallarta Run.

L to R: Don Stanley, Noel Campbell, Jordan Meschkow, Brian Boles, Melanie Boles, Enrique Garza and Matt Kas. AZ Beemer Members Elaine and Pat Rourke are also regular BMW Mexico Moto Clubs Rally attendees, I've also included their photograph. We have starting a thread at http://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=4954.0 under Upcoming Rides.

Saludos,

Don Stanley
Chandler, AZ 85225

Last edited:
Ruben Tenorio is at: https://www.facebook.com/ruben.tenoriovasconcelos Papa Chuy Viejo made contact with Senor Ruben and dates are not established yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ror3hepR4HQ Chiapas is incredibly beautiful, absolutely unbelievable!

On our return ride from Chiapas Estado we will spend two nights in the most fantastically gorgeous Pueblo Historico in all of Mexico: San Miguel de Allende.

Thought you might enjoy this video of Papa Chuy Viejo riding to San Miguel de Allende MEX in January of 2006, produced by Pancho Villa Moto-Tours Guide Rick Lopez. I could easily retire to San Miguel de Allende; I really should do it! Mas Caminos y mas Amigos, Suerte!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYU9qBKZsT4

Please Note: Returning on our BMW K1600's to Estados Unidos, we AZ Beemers and Motorcycle Owners of America Forumites will incorporate Riding the Devil's Backbone between Durango and Mazatlan. Espinazo del Diablo:

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/BmwMotoclubChihuahua Chiapas ha sido seleccionado nuevamente como el estado sede para la XIX Convenci?n Internacional de usuarios de motocicletas BMW en el 2015. Con m?s de 600 participantes de toda la rep?blica mexicana y pa?ses vecinos como Estados Unidos, Guatemala y El Salvador, la convenci?n estar? enmarcada por la tradici?n y la hermosa naturaleza que brinda este gran Estado de Chiapas. MOTOCLUB BMW CHIAPAS

"Chiapas has been selected once again as the State chosen for the XIX Convention of the International Owners/Riders of BMW motorcycles in the Year 2015. With more than 600 neighboring participants of all the Mexican Republic and countries including El Salvador, Guatemala and United States attending this event".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ror3hepR4HQ

Chiapas is incredibly beautiful, absolutely unbelievable! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Arriba - Ai - Ai!

I did a Google search of the old Espinazo del Diablo road and came up with this shot of a section of the road. Is this for real? I am sooooo glad my name is on your list!
roadtoDurango_zpsecebb763.jpg

Si, KCMO Steve; that's indeed the old road we'll be riding, it is incredibly hairy!

"Ok Mr., is this a ride I can do on the FJR? I'm going to be in Texas close to the tour date. If it's FJR friendly I might just ride down instead of flying.
Rob

Rob, as of now six AZ Beemers bikes and their Owners are signed up for Guatemala. This ride is all pavement, which means rough Mexican roads that you're already very familiar with. Only oddity for non BMW riders is that usually and normally the BMW Moto Clubs of Mexico only want Beemers at their Events, which means you probably cannot register for the Official BMW Rally itself. I'll look in to this further with the Mexico BMW Ambassador Ruben Tenorio from Oaxaca, but other than missing some Official Banquets and Parties you'd still be with us in Chiapas Estado.

Mi bueno FJR Amigo Roberto: One of the gayest R1200 GS Adventures in the world will also be riding to Guatemala with us, owned/ridden by mi Sobrino (nephew) Enrique: Que Lastima, ese!

Guatemala? I don't recall discussing a Guatemala trip?

JerryZ: It is only 150 kilometers to the Border Town of La Democracia, Guatemala. I was going to ride there for breakfast one morning, take some photos and ride back to San Cristobal de las Casas and be back by Noon! I am going to leave my BMW K1600GT on the Mexico side at a PEMEX, just walk across!

Wow, that looks like an amazing trip. I wish we lived closer so we could at least consider it!

PM me if you need more info, you live in a beautiful area: Vacationed at Cape Cod many decades ago and loved it, being a Zonie Desert Rat those MA Winters would kill me!

PM me if you need more info, you live in a beautiful area: Vacationed at Cape Cod many decades ago and loved it, being a Zonie Desert Rat those MA Winters would kill me!

You'd get used to it. If I can tolerate the heat, you could the cold, but I'd rather live somewhere with weather like Santa Cruz. Not hot, not cold, ever.

Hi Don,
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
We're prepared to kick in with support at any stage.
Will have to watch the weather (can't believe they are staging this thing right in the heart of hurricane and rain season)
As your program gels let us know.
Saludos,
Skip

685 Persimmon Hill
Bulverde, TX 78163
Toll Free USA & Canada 1(800) 233-0564
PH (830) 438-7744
skip@motodiscovery.com
www.motodiscovery.com
Click here to receive the Navigator Newsletter!

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Don Stanley <beemerdons@aol.com> wrote:
BB, regarding the BMW Mexico Moto Clubs Rally: I absolutely can't take three weeks for this adventure, sharing Custody of my Son Seth only allows me two weeks!

http://www.distancesfrom.com San Crist?bal in Chiapas is 3,252 kilometers/2,020 miles from Phoenix, easily ridden in 6 days; only 542 kilometers/336 miles a day.

Here are mi dos Centavos: Leave Arizona on Saturday, September 19; plan on staying in Nogales on Friday night, 9/18; gives us a 200 mile jump on the Mexico Ride.

Plan on crossing back into Estados Unidos on Sunday, October 4; perhaps at the New Mexico crossing that we used with Skip-MD on the CC Run; no traffic at all!

Gives us 5 long days riding down, all straight desert riding through Sonora y Chihuahau; 8 days riding back let's us stay in San Miguel de Allende: Pueblo Historico!

Looking at my map of Mexico and using distancesfrom.com Zacatecas, MEX sure looks like an ideal meet up point for Skip's main group and our AZ Beemer Vatos.

Zacatecas's served by American Airlines, if our Ladies wanted to start their Mexico tour in scenic country; instead of the long desert crossing, dry-hot-dusty-boring!

Depart
3:34 PM
Zacatecas , Mexico
La Calera (ZCL)
Stop 1
5:45 PM
Dallas, TX , United States
Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (DFW) Terminal B
Change of planes. Time between flights: 1hr 30min
Flight 3371 Operated by ENVOY AIR AS AMERICAN EAGLE

American Airlines 3371
Economy
Embraer RJ145
771 mi 2hr 11min
Seat map
Depart
7:15 PM
Dallas, TX , United States
Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (DFW) Terminal 0
Arrive
8:54 PM
Phoenix, AZ , United States
Sky Harbor Airport (PHX) Terminal 4

Saludos y recuerdos,

Don Stanley
Chandler, AZ 85225

From K1600 Owner Marco Rye of Guadalajara, Mexico!

From K1600 Owner Marco Rye of Guadalajara, Mexico

In another post I already shared the dates of the 2015 convention which is to be held in the beautiful southern mexican state of Chiapas next September.

These gatherings used to be exclusively for BMW riders, but now it is open to any interested rider, so everyone is welcome. Just make sure to register well before as registration is limited to certain number of attendees.

Anyhow, here is an 11 minute video of what you can expect at this convention. This video shows briefly this last convention at the northern mexican state of Chihuahua.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxZBCEghps4

Chiapas

Hola to everyone, I highly recommend the Chiapas rally, I went in 2010 and had a great time. I live about 800 miles from there, near the city of San Felipe, Guanajuato. I'm about a hour North of San Miguel Allende. I have a guest bedroom if needed and a truck / tools if needed. Mexican cel 428.102.2053 and also USA # 830.256.0036. IMG_0170.jpg
Saludos
Tom

Back