• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New color/graphics combo

motodan

Just back from the dealer, checked out the new RT in Blue and Grey. I've seen it at two dealers now and neither has sold the day it arrived. And it me took a little while to start liking mix. The colors I like however I always seem to have an aversion to graphics. What's the consensus of this color package and graphics....over the top or good mix?

I just brought home my San Marino Blue/Granite Grey RT. It was in the showroom less than 24 hours before I walked in and bought it. I bought it for the bright blue, because the matte does nothing for me, and the ebony, although gorgeous in full sunlight, is too dark, plus it'll show scratches and swirl marks. The graphics break it up nicely although they pretty much preclude getting any pinstriping.

I figure I can always have the grey on the front painted over the winter, if that's what I want. The grey does seem to visually shrink the frontal view of the bike, because it's BIG from the front. Bigger than the GTL I traded.

Congrats!

I just brought home my San Marino Blue/Granite Grey RT. It was in the showroom less than 24 hours before I walked in and bought it. I bought it for the bright blue, because the matte does nothing for me, and the ebony, although gorgeous in full sunlight, is too dark, plus it'll show scratches and swirl marks. The graphics break it up nicely although they pretty much preclude getting any pinstriping.

I figure I can always have the grey on the front painted over the winter, if that's what I want. The grey does seem to visually shrink the frontal view of the bike, because it's BIG from the front. Bigger than the GTL I traded.

Congrats on your new scoot. I know how excited you must feel!
As you can see in my signature, I am anxiously awaiting mine I have ordered in the same color. Personally I think the grey front fascia offsets the blue nicely. I read when BMW designed this bike their goal was to obtain the look of separation from the main body as if it was "floating". I thought about what it would look like to paint match the fascia blue, but then the only part of the bike that would be grey would be the panels on the sides by your knees and legs. That would then seem out of place IMO. To me the grey fascia looks like a the head of a bird of prey. I really like it! Enjoy your new ride and please post up some pics when you have a chance :thumb

Yes, congrats on the new...true blue RT. I'm leaning toward it more....

It is a beauty. Who can resist?

left side before assembly.jpg

Pick it up tomorrow (Friday, 10/31)

Last edited:
Here's mine. I had that grin the whole way home. Haven't been able to ride much because that dang day job thing gets in the way. Saturday it'll be raining while I'm getting a new heater installed. Sunday though...

I'll really be upset if I come in for the 600 mile service next Friday with only 600 miles.

1-20141028_153730-001.jpg

Here's mine. I had that grin the whole way home. Haven't been able to ride much because that dang day job thing gets in the way. Saturday it'll be raining while I'm getting a new heater installed. Sunday though...

I'll really be upset if I come in for the 600 mile service next Friday with only 600 miles.

View attachment 47141

Looks great I can hardly wait. Where are they mounting the heater....there's not enough room under the seat....LOL

It is a beauty. Who can resist?

Pick it up tomorrow (Friday, 10/31)

Okay, you guys made me do it....pick it up Monday.

Oh my goodness!!! YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!! LOL Those are so damn awesome looking! Congrats on your new scoots. After seeing these pics I now know 100% I made the right color choice. :clap I just can't believe I have to wait nearly 2 more months while mine is being built. C'mon on man! I'm ready to eat some tarmac! :eat

Love the new color

Sold my 2014--coffin gray-- back to THE BOYS and ordered a 15 last week in Marino Blue! Will be worth the
wait! Djm

The bright / gloss blue looks great! I do wish the nacelle had a little more pizzazz though... Congrats to you!!!

Back