• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New GoPro Hero $129 Camera

JIMSHAW

Ambassador at Large
I would post this to a video thread, but given the superlative search features of the Forum, I cannot find one. Feel free to relocate it, ad hoc.

Today, GoPro has announced a new $129 Hero camera which promises to be just what motorcyclists like me want and need to do on bike/on helmet video. While it lacks all of the complex features of the new Hero 4 cameras, it is cheaper, uses all the available GoPro mounts, and is waterproof, as is. It shoots 1080P video with a very wide angle lens, and includes a microphone for audio. It's probably not James Cameron's first choice, but it could be mine. Check it out here:

http://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero/CHDHA-301.html

GoPro's Video about the $129 Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVrp4s9BYFA

I don't know why they don't put the controls on the back. But, they have made it easier for me by putting the 'one-touch' power up and start recording on the top.

There are a bunch of things I'd like, too. WiFi/Bluetooth to my Android to work as a remote control/monitor for one. One problem I've always had with a helmet cam is keeping the camera level with the horizon. But, these shortcomings are small compared to being able to shoot 1080P/30fps, wide angle, burst stills, 720P slomo, and time lapse stuff. And there's the huge variety of mounts and attachments, and it's waterproof. I'll have one as soon as they ship.

Thanks!

I wanted one but the price tag was making me hesitate. Maybe they did this because knock offs are coming out and they're way cheaper. This puts it in reach.

Back