• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Helmet Paint

jchellgren

I have a 2014 mineral color K1600GTL and am looking to acquire two matching helmets. The BMW dealer does not sell matching spray paint.
Any suggestions. Who does customs?

We use a company called Gibson&Barnes, to paint our flight helmets. Located in El Cajon ca.
Very high quality work
FYI they paint the helmets for both the Thunderbirds and Blue Angeles

Matching paint.

Is this your main problem with K1600 bikes?
Really?
If so, get yourself a Goldwing, with two antennas, white snickers, blue jeans and squashed stuffed animals in the top case - problem solved. :thumb

I got no dog in this fight, but

Is this your main problem with K1600 bikes?
Really?
If so, get yourself a Goldwing, with two antennas, white snickers, blue jeans and squashed stuffed animals in the top case - problem solved. :thumb

Sounds to me that he likes his K1600 so much he wants everything to match. Couple of reasonable answers. I am assuming your reply was in jest! Now if you can get the stuffed bear in color matched leathers.............

most manufacturers warn against painting their lids, least your noodle be squashed like one of Gallagher's watermelons

Love the bike ...runs great. The favorite of my fleet. I have 8 other helmets and ready to update 1 & 1 more for the wife. She now only wants to ride on the back of the K1600GTL & K1200LT. We all have hobbies, mine all have wheels.

We all take risks in life. Running the risk of significantly reducing the effectiveness of a helmet by painting it is a fairly paltry risk IMO. Now paying a $100 to have a helmet painted seems very perilous. :laugh

Back