• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Announcement: "Land of Oz" Rally moves to Atchison, KS!

Camping not your thing? B&B's Near the "Land of Oz"

Now that we are getting closer to Rally Time, even with the beautiful campground available I know that there are some who not only would rather not camp but even shy away from the typical "motel" environment. Fear not, we have your back. Here are a few "well kept secrets" - Bed & Breakfasts within striking distance of Warnock Lake:

Bed & Breakfasts near Atchison, KS 66002

The Inn on Oak Street https://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=A86.JyjYuzpVqWsAl0AnnIlQ?id=17896219&stx=the+inn+on+bed+%26+breakfast&csz=Atchison+KS
1 on Yahoo
1003 L St
Atchison, KS
(913) 367-1515

Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion Bed & Breakfast https://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=A86.JyjYuzpVqWsAmEAnnIlQ?id=17897217&stx=the+inn+on+bed+%26+breakfast&csz=Atchison+KS
4 on Yelp
Atchison, KS
(913) 367-9110
Open 24 hrs
Laurel Brooke Bed & Breakfast https://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=A86.JyjYuzpVqWsAmUAnnIlQ?id=17776965&stx=the+inn+on+bed+%26+breakfast&csz=Weston+MO
1 on Yahoo
22520 County Road M
Weston, MO
(816) 640-2525

The Barn-Bed and Breakfast Inn https://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=A86.JyjYuzpVqWsAmkAnnIlQ?id=40967742&stx=the+inn+on+bed+%26+breakfast&csz=Valley+Falls+KS
1 on Yahoo
14910 Blue Mound Rd
Valley Falls, KS
(785) 945-3225

Benner House Bed & Breakfast https://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=A86.JyjYuzpVqWsAm0AnnIlQ?id=17765637&stx=the+inn+on+bed+%26+breakfast&csz=Weston+MO
1 on Yahoo
645 Main St
Weston, MO
(816) 640-2616

Be Part of History!!

History In The Making! To commemorate our Historic Move to Atchison, after over 3 decades in Lynn County, the Atchison Chamber of Commerce will hold a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to start the rally at Noon on the 29th of May!! Don't miss it, be part of History!

How's that for community support to our Rally!

Be careful if using PayPal for pre-registration.....I didn't pay attention and ended up registering for two riders instead of just myself. I first went to the PP site to see how it was set up but then went back to finish register. When I went back to the PP site to finalize, it automatically bumped up to two, which I didn't see until I finalized the transaction....oh well guess I'll make a donation. :)

Be careful if using PayPal for pre-registration.....I didn't pay attention and ended up registering for two riders instead of just myself. I first went to the PP site to see how it was set up but then went back to finish register. When I went back to the PP site to finalize, it automatically bumped up to two, which I didn't see until I finalized the transaction....oh well guess I'll make a donation. :)

I would wager that if they know this happened you could get a refund. Right, Don??

Not a problem, please send me an email and I'll get it in gear!
Don
BMWScooter@gmail.com

PayPal Refund

I would wager that if they know this happened you could get a refund. Right, Don??
Walt,
You should be getting a confirmation letter from Pay Pal saying that $30 has been refunded.

Make sure to catch me at the rally and say hello

Don

Walt,
You should be getting a confirmation letter from Pay Pal saying that $30 has been refunded.

Make sure to catch me at the rally and say hello

Don

Thanks a bunch Don. And thanks to Paul for the advice! Looks like I owe a couple of beers already at the rally.....Hope to see both of you at the rally!

GS / ADV Ride at the "Land of Oz" Rally

Along with all the other activities and entertainment offered for you at the 2015 New Adventures Along the Yellow Brick Road "Land of Oz" Rally at our new location in Atchison, Kansas, May 29-31, GS Giant winner Eddie McLiney will be leading a GS / ADV Ride along one of his favorite routes. So don't miss out: http://www.kcbmwmc.com/rally2015.htm

The schedule for the GS Ride at the rally on Saturday, May 30 is:

8:45 GS Rider meet at Sign-in “Rally Central” pavilion for brief ride outline

9:00 Kickstands UP for GS Ride

2:00-2:30 GS Ride Returns to Rally Grounds

Thank you all!

I would like to thank everyone who invested their time and efforts over the past year to make the "Land of Oz" Rally such a rousing success. It's been an honor to have worked with each and every one of you

Make your plans and stay tuned: There are a whole lot of "NEW AND EXCITING" already in the works for next year!

Thanks to all in the Kansas BMW motorcycle club who worked to put on the Land of Oz rally. As a first timer to the rally, I found an atmosphere of genuine friendship generated from the club membership and community of Atchison. What a great way to start out the rally season, and hope to see new found friends at many more rallies around the country this 2015 riding season.....Walt E.

Thanks to all in the Kansas BMW motorcycle club who worked to put on the Land of Oz rally. As a first timer to the rally, I found an atmosphere of genuine friendship generated from the club membership and community of Atchison. What a great way to start out the rally season, and hope to see new found friends at many more rallies around the country this 2015 riding season.....Walt E.

Walt,

Let me say "thank you" for our whole club. Hope to see you back next year.

Don

2015 "Land of Oz" Rally Satisfaction Survey

Your 36th Annual New Adventures Along the Yellow Brick Road "Land of Oz" Rally team did everything we could think of to make your rally the best, most affordable, most enjoyable, and most entertaining rally possible.

But to make it even better next year we are sending satisfaction / comments surveys to all Rally attendees who provided their email addresses as part of their registration. If you attended and do not receive a "survey request" from Survey Monkey, bmwscooter@gmail.com via surveymonkey.com - private, (and would like to take part in the survey), please notify me by email at: bmwscooter@gmail.com and I'll get you covered.

Don Hamblin
Rally Chair,
2015 "New Adventures Along the Yellow Brick Road, Land of Oz" Rally
(256)479-5606
(816)600-2475
BMWScooter@gmail.com
KCBMWMC.com

Back