• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Announcement: "Land of Oz" Rally moves to Atchison, KS!

DonHamblin

Former Club President
That's right, after there decades at the Linn County Park the "Land of Oz" Rally is moving to New Location!
New Adventures on the Yellow Brick Road as ?Oz Takes Flight? to Amelia Earhat?s Hometown of Atchison, Kansas!!

Rediscover the "Land of Oz" and Discover a Kansas You Never Knew Existed!

Why Atchison? Carve roads you won't believe are in Kansas on your way to the rally; Camp and fish by the private Warnock Lake; RV hookups are in great locations; Cool off on the lake's swimming beach; Sip cup of gourmet air roasted coffee from "The Roasterie"; Socialize with likeminded riders under one of the pavilions around the campground; See the tree grown from seeds that went to the moon and back; Get some use out of your canoe or kayak; Enjoy great Kansas food onsite and at restaurants throughout Atchison; Ride the Atchison Trolley from Rally Central to explore local history, mystery and entertainment; Consider weekend accommodations at a local B&B, budget motel, or camp in a suite sporting a whirlpool and fireplace; Take an unbelievable GS/ADV ride with GS Giant Eddie Mcliney; Take self-guided tours over roads that will make you think "you're not in Kansas anymore" to historic sites, "Extreme Underground" entertainment; Distillery tours; Check out a bee hive; or heck, you can even milk a goat! All that along with traditional BMW Motorcycle Rally events, awards and entertainment!

So start making plans to join the Kansas City BMW Motorcycle Club for their inaugural "New Adventures on the Yellow Brick Road Land of Oz" Rally, Warnock Lake, Atchison, Kansas, May 29-31, 2015.

"New Adventures Along the Yellow Brick Road, Land of Oz Rally"

New rally location!!

Attachments

• Land of Oz flyer V1.jpg
    Land of Oz flyer V1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 248
"Land of Oz" NEW location Video - Just a minute now ...

it'll only take a minute (well, 54 Seconds) to watch the video tour of the new home for the "Land of Oz" Rally. Warnock Lake, Atchison,Kansas. One of the finest locations for a BMW Motorcycle Rally there is!

Don Hamblin
Rally Chair,
2015 "New Adventures Along the Yellow Brick Road, Land of Oz" Rally

I'm an old Kansas guy. I graduated from Swaney School Kindergarden of Derby, Kansas back in '59. Remember Kansas well. The world was flat as a pancake. Found out a little different when I moved to the Ozarks in Arkansas. The only thing flat there was the pancakes in the bottom of the fryin pan. :thumb

You might have missed a spot :)

I'm an old Kansas guy. I graduated from Swaney School Kindergarden of Derby, Kansas back in '59. Remember Kansas well. The world was flat as a pancake. Found out a little different when I moved to the Ozarks in Arkansas. The only thing flat there was the pancakes in the bottom of the fryin pan. :thumb

Having grown up myself in KC I can understand, but the first time I rode in the Atchison / Leavenworth area I found that it's not all I-70 flat. The 194 miles northeast from Derby (Wichita) to Atchison makes all the difference in the world! That area around the Missouri River Vally is the great exception. Could be time to take another look - like I said, "Discovery a Kansas you never knew existed!" We'll be posting more video's of the area (including the roads, trails, and other attractions) over the next few months. If you can't ride up there, then check 'em out.

Don
Don Hamblin
Rally Chair,

Where does a GS Giant Ride?

Looking for some great GS riding at our rally next year? Ask and you shall receive! GS Giant Eddie McLiney has put together a winner for the rally. Check out just a "bit" of it here:
GS Giant Eddie McLiney takes you on a GS ride at the 2015 "Land of Oz" Rally

Don
Don Hamblin
Rally Chair,

It isn't all flat :)

Here's a quick video of part of the road between Atchison and Weston (chasing a Ural rig)

Riding in Kansas is always interesting. You only wear out one side of your tires since your riding sideways.
I don't think the wind ever stops blowing in Kansas. Spent 3 years & 4 months in Wichita. 69 to 72 at
McConnell AFB . Rode the Norton home to Missouri every few weeks.
Will try & make it to Atchison next year.

Bill

Page 60 of the December Rider Magazine has a nice ride located south of the rally.

“The Motorcycle Resort”

“The Motorcycle Resort”

We have been working toward making this year’s “Land of Oz” Rally a true premium event for all motorcycle enthusiasts and their families, and it looks like we are succeeding! Pulling together a number of both on and off road rides, traditional rally activities, great camping sites, area attractions and activities, along with new and exciting ways of doing the “traditional” stuff has been a real treat for all those involved.

It is becoming common knowledge that the roads and attractions around Warnock Lake and the city of Atchison alone are worth the ride, but we have been tweaking things a bit here and there to enhance your rally experience. Some of the “new” additions to look forward to are: a novice off road ride (with an optional “on road” route available) to take part in a “bee keeping” demonstration, a true Adventure Ride along one of GS Giant Eddie McLiney’s favorite routes, family entertainment like indoor "Lazor Tag” available off site, onsite vendors, and an even better Saturday night meal catered by the famous Cedar Ridge Restaurant!

Our relationship with the Atchison business community and Chamber of Commerce has been a dream come true. The local business community has come together and asked us to have our Bike Show on their Pedestrian Mall on Saturday. That means that should you enter your bike in the show you will have “reserved parking” in the very heart of the city restaurant and shopping district, and an easy walk to the weekly Farmer’s Market. And to demonstrate their desire to partner with our club, they will be providing local ghost hunters to lead the lantern lit haunted cemetery tour Saturday night! Oh, and the Atchison Trolly will be onsite at Rally Central for both overflow “shower runs” to the local YMCA and historic / haunted city tours!

This is only a taste of what is in store for rally goers and their families at this years pivotal “Land of Oz” Rally. It does not matter if you set up your tent or RV on one of the lake view campsites, grab a room at an area motel or Bed & Breakfast, or slip up for a Saturday day pass, you will be able to experience a new high in rally enjoyment for the motorcycle enthusiast and the entire family!

So make your plans now take part in what is to become the premier Midwestern Rally, May 29 - 31 at Warnock Lake, Atchison, Kansas. In fact, consider our painless “online preregistration” to save $5.00 over at the gate entry, purchase a limited edition personalized Rally Mug, or check out rally site videos at http://www.kcbmwmc.com/rally2015.htm - but remember, our “collector” Rally Pins will only be available to the first 200 attendees.

This is one not to miss!

Painless Online Preregistration

Online Registration is now open for the "Land of Oz" Rally. Check it out on our updated Rally Page http://www.kcbmwmc.com/rally2015.htm , along with all the great things in store for you this year! Preregister and save $5 off the already affordable entry price.

Preregistered $30.00
Pre-reg Kids $15.00
At Gate $35.00
At Gate Kids $17.00
Day Pass $15.00
Day Pass w/meal $25.00
Vendor $30.00 (please contact Don Hamblin for more info)

Painless Online Preregistration:
http://www.kcbmwmc.com/2015reg.html

Back