• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

06 R1200RT - "No Radio" message

dunc723

Peter D
My K bike friends tell me I have gone to The Dark Side now that I have a R1200RT. 2006, barely used, in great condition, but the radio does not work. The previous owner said he does not know why, he never bothered with it.

When you push the power button for the radio, the display shows RADIO, then after about 30 seconds shows NO RADIO. Wondered if anyone else has had the same issue? I have not gone digging for loose connections or anything of that nature yet. I'm not sure I even want it, typically using my iPhone and bluetooth for music, but I hate having something not working on my bike; I've even thought of taking the radio out and replacing the button panel with a plain one.

Thanks,

Pete

Back