• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Getting Buried With Random Notifications

I've gotten over 20 email notifications today for posts to threads I'm not subscribed to. How can I make it stop?
RB, are you subscribed to any threads?
I take it they are threads here on this forum?
Are any of these threads ones you have had a particular interest in?
Would you happen to have the date that this random notification started and or the date the threads started?
Any other oddity info would help as well as Kurt and I have been working on something that is a bit off in the back room- that could be related.
TIA, Gary

Today I received an email notification for a PM from a member, but when I checked my PM Inbox there was nothing new.

Thanks, I'll get together with Kurt.
It would be interesting if other members are seeing this :ear
Thanks.
Gary

At two different times today, I received an e-mail notice of a PM that was received and answered weeks ago. Sounds related.:dunno

At two different times today, I received an e-mail notice of a PM that was received and answered weeks ago. Sounds related.:dunno
:thumb That's the kind of info we need, thanks.
Kurt and I have been chasing a problem for some time trying to understand the parameters of what is actually being affected.
OM

Putting MOA in my junk mail senders didn't stop the gush of notifications. I'm going to have to go into my profile here and see if switching it to a bogus email address will.

While it may be a bit bothersome, at least they are from a known friendly source :)
We have been investigating and working on this for a few days now and will get it remedied as soon as possible.
Any Members that have a start date for the first time they have seen this (when it started) please post it up.
OM

That didn't work. Still getting them. I'm really running out of patience.

This isn't a plot to ruin your day. Kurt and I have been working on this for 5 or 6 days so when we pull a repair ticket we can present the problem as accurately as possible.
If there was a switch to fix it, it would have been thrown already.
Sorry for the inconvenience.....We are working on it.
OM

I found a MailQueue setting that could be part of the problem. Supposedly this stacks up notifications in order to not burden the server. I don't think that would be an issue with our server setup. Anyway, if this were the problem, then notifications could be delayed before sending out...kind of like what is happening. No idea what the length of delay is. I also heard that July 31 birthday greetings were delayed 2 weeks before they were sent.

So, if you have a chance to experiment some, post here if the problem persists or seems gone.

Thanks!

What, you're not going to roll over and take one for the team?? :stick If anyone experiences any issues or changes, please let us know.

So, you're getting notifications of posts in this thread even though you've never subscribed to it?? That's absolutely strange...and shouldn't be happening...

received today @ Fri 8/15/2014 6:40 AM (PDT) Previously read PM

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear greg,

You have received a new private message at BMW MOA from MCDude, entitled "Re: BMW CS Email?".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
*Private message was here*

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
BMW MOA

Update: I've just cleared my in and out boxes

received today @ Fri 8/15/2014 6:40 AM (PDT) Previously read PM

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear greg,

You have received a new private message at BMW MOA from MCDude, entitled "Re: BMW CS Email?".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

This is the message that was sent:
*Private message was here*

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
BMW MOA

Update: I've just cleared my in and out boxes
OK, thanks. It looks like with the 15th as the date- that notification is current and as it should be. I take it you are subscribed to receive e-mail notifications when someone sends you a PM?
OM

If what I suspect is right, a lot of these notifications were queued up for some reason, waiting to send. Greg read the previous PM but now the notification that he got the PM is just coming through.

I would want to see that going forward, there is no delay in getting notifications for PMs, subscription threads, etc. In fact, I'm getting notifications routinely now for PMs that I just now received. I can change that setting so that I don't get emails for PMs.

How are we all making out on this? It's really necessary for us to have feed back before we can go further.
Thanks, Gary

Back