• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo 550 or BMW Navigator?

The_Veg

D'OH!
A month ago I bought a 2012 GS that has the mount, cradle and wiring for the current generation of BMW Navigator. The PO kept the Navigator to use on his other bike. I have a Zumo 550 with mount and wiring left-over from my last bike, and will be installing that soon as I don't see the $$$ for a Navigator (DAMN those things are pricey, even used!) in my budget right now.

The question is, is the Navigator a worthwhile upgrade at some future point?

As yet I haven't felt a need to do anything fancy with GPS. I mostly just use it as a supplement to paper maps and every now and then ask it to get me to a simple destination.

I find the 550 fairly easy to use for the simple functions I generally get into, and I've heard people gripe about the Navigator not being the most user-friendly.

So what are y'all's thoughts?

I have the BMW Zumo which is the same as the Zumo 550. I don't plan to upgrade unless my unit dies. The new Zumos and Navigators have a few extra features, but it's not worth the extra money to me.

With the BMW Nav V now available I've seen a number of Nav IV's for sale at relatively low prices. Maybe try a Google search or look at the K1600 Forum.

Back