• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I Like Personalized Plates

Personalized Plate

K1-4.jpg

MyK1.jpg

:bikes

MTSweger said:

That is one sweet bike. I've loved K1s since I drooled over the first one I ever saw at the Sportbike Rally in Parry Sound, Ontario. That is my fav color, too. Oh, yeah.....nice plate.

Personalized Plates

I like to see everyones personalized plates. On my R1100RT I have Oklahoma plate "W8NONU". :bikes

My K1

MarkF said:
That is one sweet bike. I've loved K1s since I drooled over the first one I ever saw at the Sportbike Rally in Parry Sound, Ontario. That is my fav color, too. Oh, yeah.....nice plate.
Thanks! I also drooled over the K1 when I first saw one at a rally in Oregon back in the early '90s. Been looking to buy one ever since, and finally found that nice blue/silver specimen a few months ago. Just picked it up last September, so I've only ridden it for about 4,000 miles thus far, but man... I can hardly wait until springtime! I have a feeling that 2006 is going to be a very fun year. :burnout

SFDOC said:
So I put this somewhere else recently but I'll throw it out here and look for encouragement in paying the extra fees.

RX4BPMD

TX4DEP

Its a medical thing

But some folks could be upset that I'm making fun of a serious condition?

It's been a really long time since I posted this, so here's the answer.

RX4BPMD = Prescription for Bi-Polar Manic Depression

TX4DEP = Treatment for Depression

Either way it's what my bike does for me, no matter how blue I get. Any day I get to ride, whether to work, to play or just something to do, it makes me feel better for having done it; ON THE BIKE. :D

I guess I'd hate to Transmit or Receive either, Veg.

MTSweger said:
Thanks! I also drooled over the K1 when I first saw one at a rally in Oregon back in the early '90s. Been looking to buy one ever since, and finally found that nice blue/silver specimen a few months ago. Just picked it up last September, so I've only ridden it for about 4,000 miles thus far, but man... I can hardly wait until springtime! I have a feeling that 2006 is going to be a very fun year. :burnout

I saw this K1 at the 'MOA Redmond Rally all painted flat black. I was smitten - thought it looked like a stealth fighter.

Attachments

• Stealth K1.jpg
    Stealth K1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 925
SFDOC said:
It's been a really long time since I posted this, so here's the answer.

RX4BPMD = Prescription for Bi-Polar Manic Depression

TX4DEP = Treatment for Depression

Either way it's what my bike does for me, no matter how blue I get. Any day I get to ride, whether to work, to play or just something to do, it makes me feel better for having done it; ON THE BIKE. :D

I guess I'd hate to Transmit or Receive either, Veg.

One of my favorite t-shirts say: "You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office."

K1 or K1100?

GregFeeler said:
I saw this K1 at the 'MOA Redmond Rally all painted flat black. I was smitten - thought it looked like a stealth fighter.

Hmmm... Is that a K11 fairing and K1 fender? Looks like a K1-K1100 "hybrid stealth" beemer. Pretty cool, though. ;)

MTSweger said:
Hmmm... Is that a K11 fairing and K1 fender? Looks like a K1-K1100 "hybrid stealth" beemer. Pretty cool, though. ;)

Yes, I think it is a K1100RS with a K1 fairing, but I think a K1 would look pretty nice painted the same way.

GregFeeler said:
One of my favorite t-shirts say: "You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office."

I have that shirt and my girlfriend read it and she looked puzzled and said "Why? Do psychiatrist's not ride motorcycles?" :laugh

In South Carolina you can only have 6 letters on a personalized bike plate... Here are the one's that I have had:

On a radically customized Suzuki Intruder: DONNER (Thunder in German) due to how loud it was

On a 93 R 100 R: R 247
On a 99 R 1100 RT: LBNSTL (Lebenstil: Lifestyle in German)
On my R 80 S: AIRHED

Most appropriate since I am an Airhead.... :laugh

Indiana oddity

In Indiana you can only take delivery of your personalized plates in April. So I am waiting patiently...

Back