• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I Like Personalized Plates

HD tag

We tried to get VIBR8R for my Girl friends HD Sportster but it was already taken. I was thinking about DAS RAD for the RT.

I thought I had come up with the perfect plate for my 1150 GS. It arrived a day before departing on a week long trip with several other couples from my local club. I excitedly put it on the bike, anxious to show it to my lovely girfriend, who knew I was getting a personalized plate, but not what I was getting as I wanted it to be a surprise. I pack the bike for our trip, ride over to pick her up and bring her out to show her my new and perfect GS plate.

She looks at my new plate which is ANYRD, looks kind of puzzled and then reads what she sees, A NERD? I laugh and say, no silly, ANY ROAD!! She laughs and says it looks like A NERD to her.

We meet up with the other couples and she has to ask everyone what my new plate says. All of the girls look at it and ask in unison, A NERD? The boys read it and reply, ANY ROAD. Must be that Venus and Mars thing! :deal

My other bikes have the following vanity plates:

1985 R80 G/S: R80GS
2000 Triumph Sprint RS: RSFUN

The 1994 R100 Mystic that I no longer own had R100M.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Rick G

I forgot to post this one belonging to my lady

Attachments

• DenetteePlate_Small.JPG
    DenetteePlate_Small.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,106
Maine is still small enough that my husband can walk into the registry with a box of first-rate bonbons and ask the office lasses if there happen to be any low-number plates available. If there are, he can have them for the asking at no charge. We each have 2-digit plates. Lots easier to recite at customs and hard to forget.

BAT BYK fell off along the road somewhere about a month ago. I requested a replacement on Ocotber 5th and was told it would take about two weeks. I never received notification that the tag was ready to pick up. I just called Austin and was told that the tag is waiting at an office two towns and one county from where I am. My address is 100 yards into this county so that may have something to do with the mixup, but I am once again impressed by the hoops through which I have to jump to get a personalised tag (they sent me through a few to get the thing in the first place). Oh yeah, and I have to renew the personalised fee at a different time than the actual registration...how stupid.

The Veg said:
Oh yeah, and I have to renew the personalised fee at a different time than the actual registration...how stupid.

You would think that something like this is too complicated for them to come up with. But that somehow doesn't seem to apply when they can make things more inconvenient...

Voni said:
My all time favorite license plate is IYQUQT.

Took me awhile to figure it out . . .

Voni
sMiling

IYQ2, Voni. ;)

Mine was "SCHNELL" in the days when I got 3000 miles or less from a set of tires. It was retired after I lost my license (but that is another story...)

Ian

Visian said:
Mine was "SCHNELL" in the days when I got 3000 miles or less from a set of tires. It was retired after I lost my license (but that is another story...)
lurker.gif

Visian said:
IYQ2, Voni. ;)

Ian

What flash412 'said'! Out with that story if you please...
:)

jacco said:
What flash412 'said'! Out with that story if you please...
:)

ummm... let's just say K-Bike, triple digits and a State Trooper with instant-on in just about the last place I would ever expect to see one.

And the sum-gun knew what SCHNELL meant. So, no mercy. :brow (the classic "you in a heap a trouble, boy...)

SWMBO was not pleased.

Got one of those "go to work" licenses and a one of those evening classes for points reduction.

:violin

Ian

The club may have to come up with a 205 Tilley traveling trophy for stories like this. :brow :D

So I put this somewhere else recently but I'll throw it out here and look for encouragement in paying the extra fees.

RX4BPMD

TX4DEP

Its a medical thing

But some folks could be upset that I'm making fun of a serious condition?

Back