Thread: Run across a scam lately?

Run across a scam lately?

Have you run across a scam lately? Perhaps a Nigerian Prince is your new best buddy? I'll tell ya, the BS is deep in the Wide World of Scams
    Remember if you post- don't make it a clickable item, no sense having someone fall off the cliff by mistake
    Anyway, watcha' seen lately-
    Seems like someone is trying to scam with a computer generated voice claiming to be IRS. Beware of 206-734-4414....check your caller ID- stay safe.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

central wisconsin along the wisconsin river
    I keep getting a E-Mails to do repackage/remailing items that this scam sends you. You have to ups stuff . I won't open crud like that. I have no idea if it is legit work at home job. This is probably a scam too.
    81 R100RT

Why yes ... The latest issue of BMW Motorcycle Magazine tests aftermarket mufflers for the new R1200GS.

One provides 1 more horsepower, one provides 1 less horsepower, and the rest provide zero hp change from stock.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

We sell "stuff" that is beyond reasonable repair for most, engines as an example. Good block, no holes. Good head, valve didn't drop and smash it. Cranks that aren't in two pieces. "Stuff" like that. Otherwise, the engine isn't worth the money to rebuild.

My favorite scammers come from the UK. They will pay me the money I'm asking and they will pay the shipping ONCE they have it. Really??? You are going to pay me better than core charge plus shipping which is MORE than an exchange engine IF I ship it you and wait for payment?

About twice a week lately.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

i was on the usps site today and it had a red warning at top about scammers sending emails about pkgs arriving/arrived and money owed with a link to click. don't do it.

I've been getting lots of calls from 'tards who claim to be from Microsoft, and they say that they've seen that my PC is infected, so I have to click on their site to download the fix...
    So I ask them if it's true about their mother and billy goats?

na1g
    Got a call from "Internal Revenue Services". Note the "S" on the end, a sure tip-off if you are paying attention. Either they don't know the correct title or they work around some legal angle by using a technically different title. I have also won enough free trips to the Bahamas to keep me there for years. Maybe I could rent-out my house, ship the BMW to the Bahamas...

Some (most) of the telephone scams are actually funny. I usually just put the phone down for a while and then hang up. Waste as much of their time as possible. My wife asks a lot of dumb questions to drag out the call. Remember that even if they only get one sucker out of every thousand calls it is worth their while. And we are coming up on the next presidential election so you might want to move to Fiji, after crushing your cell phone, of course.

pete

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    I paid my taxes a month ago, so like every other citizen, I got scammed by our congress.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

I get the IRS calls saying I owe money and they will be turning my name over to the local Sheriff's Department if I don't call them back. Another one we get a lot is a call from my credit card company (note they don't actually state the company's name, they just say their my credit card company) indicating that I qualify for a lower interest rate. I just need to call them. Like that will ever happen.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

I have 3 brand new BMW motorcycle models picked out that I'm going to buy as soon as that check arrives. That poor widowed Queen from Nigeria has promised me millions! I just sent her all my banking info and personal passwords so she can make the deposit for me. I can hardly wait to ride those new bikes!