Thread: Best Restaurant in Budapest

Best Restaurant in Budapest

My wife working in Budapest for 3 weeks, hotel most food not on my dime. So my question is what are the best restaurant recommendations for Budapest?

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    You might want to be more specific. There are a ton of great restaurants in Budapest serving an extremely varied range of cuisine.

Best authentic traditional Hungarian food?

Best authentic modern Hungarian food?

Or something else.

Certainly I can't go there and not have at least one meal at Café Gerbeaud (150+ years old), typically 2+ meals there if I'm there for several days. Try both indoors (more traditional) and outdoors. They added their own micro-brewery several years ago and I enjoy sitting outdoors having a meal and beer while people watching.
    Café Gerbeaud, situated at Vörösmarty tér 7 in Budapest, the capital of Hungary, is one of the greatest and most traditional coffeehouses in Europe.
    Regards, Alan
    President BMWONS # 097 / BMW MOA # 190956 / Airheads # 14457
    Current: '14 R1200RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

Open to any and all of above will try suggested café. Wife in Prague for a couple of weeks in March had really good duck in many different restaurants so while in Budapest wants more duck really appreciate any and all suggestions
    Thanks enjoying life at the castle Hilton

Best Restaurant in Budapest

This place is pretty good for authentic Hungarian - http://rosenstein.hu/en-a-magyar-videken-stazsoltam/

Up on the hill in Buda there's a really good Italian place just down the street from the Hilton/St Mathias church - maybe 2-3 blocks away - I can probably find the name on my credit card bill if you need it.

Here's what is on my cc:

1014 Bp. Fortuna u. 14 Budapest

Meal was incredible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    I'd check with the concierge of the Hotel, always found them a good help, even though my wife is Hungarian and we have friends in Budapest.

Seeing as you will be staying on the Buda side of the Danube, you might want to check-out St. Stephen's Basilica and the Fisherman's Bastion, as well as consider the Riverboat tour and possibly the bus one as well. There is so much history there that even the locals enjoy it.
    Regards, Alan
    President BMWONS # 097 / BMW MOA # 190956 / Airheads # 14457
    Current: '14 R1200RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

My wife and I were in Budapest for a few days last Fall and had several memorable meals. There was a Jewish place (Fülemüle Étterem
    - Budapest, Kőfaragó u. 5, 1085, Hungary) near the Jewish quarter, A Russian place(Matrjoska Bistro - Budapest, Lőrinc pap tér 3, 1088, Hungary) across the street from our hotel and a wine bar that handily had a sign announcing itself as the best wine bar in town (Doblo Wine Bar - Budapest, Dob u. 20, 1072, Hungary).

Had a great time and hope to return for an extended stay.
    sgtbill
    Duty First!
    86 K100RS EML & 79 R100S
    2007 F800ST & 2014 F800GS & 2014 F700GS