Thread: Ride while you can

Ride while you can

I don't see much room for motorcycles in this view of the future, found in today's Wall Street Journal.

I hope to be checking out lean angles in my wheelchair before roads are that restricted.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

It's a pipe dream.

Separate roadways for automated cars? The capacity we have now is inadequate in many places, and we don't have the money to even maintain the roadways we have.

And speeds will increase? The author seems to think higher speeds are good, but he ignores the costs in lower mpg's, higher CO2 emissions, faster tire wear, etc. (as do most drivers out there).

I'm not worried about automated cars, unless the damned things start turning left in front of me and violating my right-of-way.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    I'm not worried about automated cars, unless the damned things start turning left in front of me and violating my right-of-way
    I am.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-car-elon-musk
    2014 R1200 GSA (Property taxes & registration: $309), 1992 K75s (Property taxes & registration: $37)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    It's a pipe dream.

Separate roadways for automated cars? The capacity we have now is inadequate in many places, and we don't have the Desire or Interest to maintain the roadways we have.
    My editorial comment for the day.....
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175

The Tesla accident will put the damper on the autopilot cars for a while. It's an imperfect technology. I wouldn't trust a car to drive for me. If you need that there's Uber.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    John
    Lake Jackson, Texas

2012 K1600 GT

but I would be all for some kind of crash warning/avoidance technology, especially to avoid non humans crossing our paths - deer, moose, kangaroos, etc.

anyone hit an armadillo on their bike?
    2014 R1200 GSA (Property taxes & registration: $309), 1992 K75s (Property taxes & registration: $37)