• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'92 K 75 Misfiring

72r60/7

Had this problem (constant misfiring) earlier this year around 5/5/14 and was given this advice in this Forum after Heet solved a severe misfiring problem. For the second time since then I have been prepared by this excellent advice.

When we travel I carry a bottle. It has solved a problem on one of our bikes on a couple of occasions, and has rescued others with problems on at least a half dozen other occasions. A bit of water is possible every single time you fill with gas. It certainly isn't a problem all the time,but it is often enough to want to be prepared for it.
Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Now I carry a bottle.
This time (7/28/14) I was in a lengthy left isolated construction lane on Interstate 80 in Eastern Ohio when the misfiring began.
Pulled out the container of Heet at the nearest Service Area and instant fix with a fill-up. Half a bottle is $1.50

Thanks again, Paul

Charlie

cold misfiring

I have a 93 K75S that misfirs when cold and have to coax it to revup,once it clears 3th or better it runs pretty good. I have checked the fuel & air filter (cleaned the mouse nest from airbox) but still misfirs until warmed up any suggestions would be appreciated. JD

Back