Thread: '92 K 75 Misfiring

'92 K 75 Misfiring

Had this problem (constant misfiring) earlier this year around 5/5/14 and was given this advice in this Forum after Heet solved a severe misfiring problem. For the second time since then I have been prepared by this excellent advice.

When we travel I carry a bottle. It has solved a problem on one of our bikes on a couple of occasions, and has rescued others with problems on at least a half dozen other occasions. A bit of water is possible every single time you fill with gas. It certainly isn't a problem all the time,but it is often enough to want to be prepared for it.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves
    Now I carry a bottle.
    This time (7/28/14) I was in a lengthy left isolated construction lane on Interstate 80 in Eastern Ohio when the misfiring began.
    Pulled out the container of Heet at the nearest Service Area and instant fix with a fill-up. Half a bottle is $1.50

Thanks again, Paul

Charlie

cold misfiring

I have a 93 K75S that misfirs when cold and have to coax it to revup,once it clears 3th or better it runs pretty good. I have checked the fuel & air filter (cleaned the mouse nest from airbox) but still misfirs until warmed up any suggestions would be appreciated. JD