• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wood Beaded Seats

72r60/7

Bought a wood beaded seat in May at the RA National and after returning from a 4,000 mi. ride, I still can't believe how much it improved the comfort during medium to long days in the saddle. Put it on a K75 with a new bike, no cost option, Corbin Dual Canyon seat. I've seen beaded seats forever and always wondered if or how they could be comfortable.
It was only $35, which to me is a reasonably priced gamble. It turned out to be a nice improvement. Would have bought 2 more at the MOA National but I didn't see any there. Seems like all the folks who already had them knew how nice the were and forgot to tell me, or I wasn't listening. I should have bought one years ago.
Charlie

I used one on my OEM seat but when I upgraded to the Russell DL, I have yet to put it on. Maybe when it gets hotter.

I use 1 on my Russell here in Phoenix during the summer to keep some air moving under my rear. Feels good in 110 degree heat.

I use 1 on my Russell here in Phoenix during the summer to keep some air moving under my rear. Feels good in 110 degree heat.

Cannot imagine anything feeling good at 110. :hungover I'm going to try one out and see how it works.

Go with the ceramic...

I recommend the Ultimate BeadRider, which is constructed with ceramic beads. The ceramic will be more durable and the color will not transfer when wet.

Best money spent on my RT to date. I have had the beads for about a year and couldn't imagine being happier with a stock seat...and yes, it helps circulate air under your bum to help keep it drier.

Scot

I recommend the Ultimate BeadRider, which is constructed with ceramic beads. The ceramic will be more durable and the color will not transfer when wet.

Best money spent on my RT to date. I have had the beads for about a year and couldn't imagine being happier with a stock seat...and yes, it helps circulate air under your bum to help keep it drier.

Scot

Just ordered one for my fiance as a surprise before we ride from PA to OH next weekend. Hope it helps with ALL the issues mentioned here!! :whistle

Yup! I got the Ultimate one, with ceramic beading, because the fiance has a Rev'it suit (the white one!) and don't want the colors to bleed onto his bum!! Fingers crossed!

I made my own by cutting up a beaded car seat from Walmart. Cheap, under $10. It worked fairly well. Made my ass look like a golf ball when it rained.

Maybe I'll try one of those fuzzy patch things.

Buffalo Bob

Radiant Heat

I had a wooden one and replaced it with the ceramic one. The ceramic one will heat up if left in the sun so it's a good idea to keep it covered if you have to park in the sun. It usually takes ten or fifteen minutes before it stops radiating heat.

I've been using a cheapo from WalMart for 4 years. Painted the beads black. I couldn't ride with out it now!

Back