• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rollin' by the River - Epilogue and Thanks!

R1100rtp

:hide Crawled out of hiding and wanted to offer a wrap up and Thank you to Attendees and Volunteers.

The chapter is closed on our 42nd International Rally, and it was a huge success!! I saw a lot of smiling faces and rally goers having a good time....
Our weather order came through, and we enjoyed only one brief shower along with mild July temperatures, sunshine and overcast skies with cool evenings and no mosquitoes :stick

Attendance was 5866 including adults, children and vendors. Registration was fast!! (and a little wet on Friday morning)
There was something for everyone. 100+ seminars, 135 vendors, 7 music venues, On / Off pavement training, raptor demonstrations, BMW demo rides, and BMW Performance Center Demonstrations. (how do they do that??)

We had a great Vintage display, and were treated to those gorgeous machines touring throughout the grounds.
Hundreds of great door prices were won...Coffee and beer were consumed. The roads were wide and paved, plenty of shaded (and unique) camping opportunities (in the front yard of the police station:laugh) Despite stressing over the 7' rule from the DPH :deal for a year and a half.....it helped decrease the overcrowding we often experience at a National. and gave us something to talk about.
Kudos to the folks who knew nothing about us and supported us....Visit St Paul and Visit Roseville teams did everything they could to make us feel welcome and support our event. The Maria and Cory show(Minnesota State Fairgrounds team). Cory's team turned the grounds in less than 36 hours following a huge event that ended on Sunday. We were the first camping event on the MSF, and I know they were impressed.
Restrooms/showers were clean, and trash was never a problem.

Of course there were some glitches....what....no change for the laundromat?? (so how often do we have an on-site laundromat :laugh). Sherpas could have been placed better.......next time. Could have been healthy food options....the 3 sit down food vendors were great..:eat

We also raised $12,333.00 for Wishes and More!!

We had a lot of local support, and want to extend some special thanks.(think of it as an on-line closing ceremony):p
Shuttle trucks were donated by Valley Buick/GMC, Shuttle trailers and CF Moto UTVs by Leo's South, Logistics UTVs by Moon Motors, and AED device by member Dr. Larry Stern (fortunately we didn't need it):heart
Our annual party is almost 2 years in the making...we're pretty unique in that we land on site, and build Beemerville in three days, party for 3 days, and tear down in less than 8 hours....Now you see them....now you don't. An impossible feat without all the volunteers:bow:bow

The rally chair and co-chairs are the "administrators", but it takes hundreds of volunteers and thousands of volunteer hours.
Our "family" has 120 committee chairs/co-chairs who work in various roles. Some for the entire year preceding, and others during the rally. Once the rally begins, our members step up to the plate and volunteer throughout the event to contribute to it's success.

THANKS FOR BEING A MEMBER, AND THANKS FOR ALL YOU DID AND CONTINUE TO DO TO MAKE THIS A BETTER MOA.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures of your journies to and from.

We hope you had fun Rollin' by the River.

Karol and Deb

Let's do this again next year (in Billings).....Be the Adventure!!:thumb

My hats off to you folks, this was my first MOA rally and the experience could not have been better, thanks for all the hard work. I've already started planning my route to Billings.

Karol, You and Deb did a great job. Diane and I were glad to help with Hospitality. Thank you to all the volunteers. It was a fantastic rally. I need to go for a ride this weekend to make up for the short ride I had to and from the rally site. Billings is going to be great, I already requested the time off work!

Steve Handeland

Back