• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pairing SMH10 with Bluetooth dongle

sickticket

Ok farkle wizards. A different twist to my sound improvement quest.

Wiring is in to have a working female audio plug in the tank side box. It feeds off the connection for the "rear speakers" and it work loud and clear in headphones. I have a Bluetooth transmitter dongle ((eForCity Universal Bluetooth Transmitter with 3.5 mm Audio Cable) but I can't seem to get it to pair with my SMH10. I cleared all pairings on both units and tried to pair with the SMH10 multi connections and with the phone connections. Nothing seems to work.

Suggestions????
Thanks.
Peter
2013 R1200RT

Thanks for responding to my thread. I have contacted Sena about three days ago and they are yet to respond.

A couple of things to try: Do a factory reset on the Sena and try pairing again. If that doesn't work, try updating the Sena firmware.

A couple of things to try: Do a factory reset on the Sena and try pairing again. If that doesn't work, try updating the Sena firmware.

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried all that. Having gotten ahold of Sena, it seems my dongle might be older technology. It is 2.0 and what might be needed is the 2.1 A2DP dongle. Sena did say A2DP was necessary and I don't think my has that. Looks like I need to spend more.

This is what I use:

iPhone - selective pairing
1. Turn on the headset and put your phone in pairing mode.
2. Turn on the headset and press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps.
3. Turn on the headset and press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps.
4. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button again, then the LED turns to blue flashing and the beeps turn to multiple mid-tone beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying "Phone selective pairing".

I use a dongle similar to this one.

Dongle - media pairing
1. Turn on the Sena headset
2. Turn on the dongle and set it for pairing mode. It is best to let the dongle pair to the headset.
3. Press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps.
4. Within 2 seconds, tap the Jog Dial again, then the LED turns to red flashing and the beeps turn to double mid-tone beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying "Media selective pairing".

Last edited:
Thanks all for getting back to me. Turns out Sena did get back to me and they suggested I adjust my bass and treble settings. I had heard this before and had already done it. Just for ****s and giggles, I went farther this time. I turned them both back all the way - to -6. That fixed my stereo and audio problem. They improved 80%. That's good enough for me.
As for the dongle problem, I think I have a older technology unit. The dongle I have is 2.0 and Sena recommends 2.1 with A2DP to successfully pair with their SMH10.
Since the tone setting correction worked, I will not need the dongle at this time.

Back