• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wunderlich Low Seat?

Anybody here have or tried one of these?

Apparently not ;) :laugh

This for my wife's F650GS, she is hoping a lower seat will be better for her but does not like the BMW low seat.

This outfit has a refund policy,if you don't like it, send it back undamaged and you get a refund. so you get to try it for the cost of return shipping.

They acknowledged on the phone that buying a seat like this is an expensive gamble, that's why they do it.

Sure would be nice if we had a way to have a listing of "try a seat" members. I have a Sargent on the F800 which is OK, could be better.
OM

I am looking at them. But for the 1200RT, and not the low version.
But I am taking a serious look.
I really think it is useless to ask someone else about them.
Like Russells. Any and everybody (what has them) raves about them. I got one and hated it. Everybody just likes a different seat.
You got to find the one right for you.
I am getting some ideas as to the type I need. Not a bucket. I cannot take a bucket. I need something just like the original, just wider at the rear and maybe more level. But with some slope downward toward the rear sides, or to the sides, not those crazy wings flying up in the air.
dc

There is one for the RT in the flea market. But low version. And an outrageous price. Way too optimistic price. Priced not to sell. What do they say, seller not motivated?
dc

The seat should arrive at the end of this week,

For what it is worth, I will post the outcome.

Could be anything from did not like it-sent it back to just what we need.

It is an expensive option but if it works, it is cheaper than lowering, or trading for another bike. If she doesn't like it, we are out some time and shipping. IMHO, it was an option worth trying.

The seat should arrive at the end of this week,

For what it is worth, I will post the outcome.

Could be anything from did not like it-sent it back to just what we need.

It is an expensive option but if it works, it is cheaper than lowering, or trading for another bike. If she doesn't like it, we are out some time and shipping. IMHO, it was an option worth trying.

I would be interested in knowing how she liked the seat. I sat on it but hard to tell without riding on it.
Thanks in advance!

I would be interested in knowing how she liked the seat. I sat on it but hard to tell without riding on it.
Thanks in advance!

She is away this weekend with some members her women's touring club; still on the Corbin.

I expect to be able to report something by Monday or Tuesday next week.

Thanks in advance!

The seat is going to be sent back.

It is very hard and unlike the Corbin, the surface where the rider sit slopes slightly forward. She is a very experienced rider, used to long trips and she has determined that the hardness and the slope of the seat will not be comfortable, compared to the Corbin, for her.

Also, the when the seat is fitted, it is a bit loose at the rear mounts, compared to my BMW Comfort Seat. The Corbin is a bit loose there too, but not to the same degree as the Wunderlich.

There is a bit of a gap between the front edge of the seat and the bodywork, too.

The seat otherwise looks nice and is well made, however, it is not going to work, for her.

Last edited:
Thanks Glen! and tell your wife thanks too.

I may try to get the seat redone over the winter. Not by Rick Mayer.

Sharon

The seat is going to be sent back.

The seat otherwise looks nice and is well made, however, it is not going to work, for her.

As they say, stay tuned tor further developments.

She went on a weeked ride with her women's touring group, about a 4 hour run.

The Corbin was on the bike, she called last nigh and said, "don't pack the other seat up, yet"

As they say, stay tuned tor further developments.

She went on a weeked ride with her women's touring group, about a 4 hour run.

The Corbin was on the bike, she called last nigh and said, "don't pack the other seat up, yet"

Final update;

The seat was sent back yesterday.

The seat did turn out to be too hard for her liking.

We showed it to some BMW riding friends and they really liked the look of it but agreed it was too hard for their liking. IMHO it must be difficult to make a low seat that isn't hard due to the reduced thickness of padding necrssary to make it low.

To Wunderlich's credit, there was no problem with returning the seat.

It would be a good option for any one that can tolerate, or prefers, a hard seat.

Back