• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What's up with the F-twins section?

rapiddog

Barback King
All these MOA members and only a dozen threads in the F-Twins section?
Am I missing somthin' here?
Surely there has to be more interest...

:scratch

Don't know. Personally, I only check the New Posts tab daily; never look in individual folders. Thus I only see anything from the F-Twins folder when someone makes a new post in it. Not sure why I do it that way, I just do.

I'm doin' what I can...just put up the post on the wheel bearings. Kevin just bumped my post on taking 2" out of the suspension.

Got something of interest- post it up!
OM

You're only looking at the threads from the past month. There are 572 threads in this section.

Go back to the page that shows the F-Twins threads, then scroll down to "Thread Display Options" where it allows you to change from displaying the past month to whatever you want.

:dance:dance:dance

A little more of an explanation-
Show threads from the.........all the way from the beginning if you want.

Sort threads by:

Order threads in...
Ascending Order

Descending Order

Then click-

Show threads

I think this can be changed in a members individual preferences for a more permanent F-Twin experience :)

OM

I gave up when my F800ST had unresolvable stalling issues and traded it in on the '08 RT I have now. Oh, yeah, the dealer which sold it to me couldn't fix it, screwed me on the trade-in and now has it for sale to the next sucker and only did an oil change.

nothinglikesuccess!

Might want to look at your user settings. I see just over 100 threads in this section.

Ah-HA!
Now I see the light!
That's what it was, my settings...doh!

ItsPhilD

I gave up when my F800ST had unresolvable stalling issues and traded it in on the '08 RT I have now. Oh, yeah, the dealer which sold it to me couldn't fix it, screwed me on the trade-in and now has it for sale to the next sucker and only did an oil change.

Today, 05:33 AM

AZ-J

I gave up when my F800S was lemoned out!

...not relative...sorry for your loss :violin

I've owned nothing but boxers since 1981, plus a few other brands. Don't spoil it for me... :brow

Old bike on the right new bike on the left ;) ...

800gt-M.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you need a new dealer, not a new bike.

You've just been spoiled by hanging around all those Pelicans! :dance

BTW, those barbacks are the best thing I ever added to my 11S...

Cheers! :dance

I'm interested ;)

I look in here several times a day.

Last Oct. I traded a 2010 Vision 8 Ball for a new 2013 F700GS.

It is an understatement to say I am immensely enjoying the F700GS. :)

After the good luck I have had with my R bike, my service manager won't let me buy a F-bike. I won't either!

Comparo

We rode 200 miles today across SoCal freeways, canyons and mountains.
The F8GT is pretty damn superb, at least for me and my 177lb wimpy bod.
Has all the power I need to do it all.
Best part is the suspension, that for once on a BMW, I won't have to upgrade.

My buddy who sold me the GT just bought a 2014 Triumph 800XC. We swapped for about 50 miles.
The TR triple felt smoother, even silky too smooth motor-wise and felt like it had alot more thrust.
But I'd have to spend an easy $2K on that suspension. Beat me to death on the bumpy tarmac.
Back on the GT I was in hebben...

tday.jpg

Last edited:
Back