• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Raul Franca - Porto Alegre - Brazil

raulfranca

Hello Guys!

I'm Raul, I'm from Porto Alegre, South of Brazil. I bought a G650GS last december and I used to have a Honda 250cc but I got very trired when I went to the road.
With the G650GS in less than 200 days of use I run 10000 km (about 7000 miles) and I have some projects to make some trips to Latin America.
My experience is about 4 years only, but looks that I ride since I born.
I used to travel to US very often and maybe some time I can met some of you around the States and of Course you have a friend in South of Brazil if somebody decide to make a journey to this side of the World.
I'm buying some items for my bike in US because or sales tax here is too higher and since I have an office in Miami I ship to there and from there to Brazil.
My plan is change my 650 for F800GS Adv (RED) in december, because I will be more confortable (I'm little tall for the 650).

My next trip to US will be in august 2nd, to Cincinnati and than to Miami. I will go in some BMW dealers I need to buy some items for my bike.

The picture attached is in front of the Beira Rio Stadium that received 5 matches of the FIFA World Cup that ends this past weekend.

See you around the world!

Raul
beira rio.JPG

Attachments

• beira rio.JPG
    beira rio.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 45
  • beira rio.JPG
    beira rio.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Raul -

Welcome to the forum! And my condolences on the FIFA results. :cry Sounds like you have the whole parts buying thing worked out and I'm sure you're going to love the F800GS.

Thanks for the welcome!

About our soccer team we didn't expect more than the 4th place. Of course that 7-1 against Germany was a surprise.

Raul -

I hadn't heard about the expectations...I just know how important soccer is to countries in South America. Look at all the crying going on by some of the Argentina fans. They were really into it.

Kurt

You're right soccer is very important to Latin Countries. And for us would be worse if Argentina won.
But we are happy because they lose....

Welcome aboard!

Raul,

Welcome to the forum, I have been trying to make it to Brazil for a couple of years but things just haven't worked out yet...someday

Thanks for being a member and if you ever find yourself in the central part of the US give me a shout.

Tks, my plan is also to make a trip in US. Coast to Coast. I'm thinking to buy a bike in US, but leave for two or 3 months w/o use is not a good idea.
You will be welcome in Brazil. Like your Country Brazil has a lot of nice places to a good ride.
I use to go to Dallas, maybe sometime I get bike and run this 200miles til Oklaroma.

Raul Franca

Last edited:
Back