• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Picked up a Ural

richardak

Now have a 2012 Patrol to help get me through the winters here in Interior Alaska. I just couldn't justify the cost of the 2014 model. This one seems to be in excellent condition and drives and handles fine. The airhead sidecar rig is smoother, faster and quieter but the Ural can be driven all day as the steering is much lighter. Plus the 2WD will help getting up our steep driveway in the winter. And I was getting tired of pushing the rig into or out of parking spaces so I'm enjoying reverse. The transmission feels seriously "clunky" but as long as you aren't in a hurry, it shifts just fine. And if you have a Ural, you are never in a hurry...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1404531209.546197.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1404531209.546197.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 109
sounds like you got the right attitude for a Ural. 2wd takes some getting used to (no differential) but it's great fun in the slippery stuff. Got mine 2 years ago, year round daily driver (20,000km) with no problems. Seriously neglecting my K, gotta force myself to take it out for a spin every couple of weeks.

Attachments

• moresnow.jpg
    moresnow.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 111
Back