• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

archive of tech articles on airheads

Recently acquired a 1976 R90/6. It was one of those mythical bikes that was tucked away in the back of a shed covered with accumulated junk. Needless to say it pleads for some attention. I purchased a shop manual from Bob's BMW. Not much of a manual and short about half the pages. As a BMWMOA member since the mid 90's I'm aware of the countless articles on how to repair airheads, Keep'em Flying, Bench Wrenching and so on. Does BMWMOA have a searchable archive for these articles? Sure would help.

Would be nice if they did!

I had really good luck with ABC (airheads Beemer club) and the airheads@micapeak.com mailing list. Don't let the gruff attitude of a select few jerks turn you off as there's lots of great info there. You can also search the mailing list archives although it's not very user friendly.

Good luck!

There has always been an index of Owners News tech articles in the Links and References area of the forum created by a former member. It hasn't been updated in a long time.

I have just included my own list of Matt's articles in the same area. I'm a little behind, but the PDF file is searchable...you'd have to know my logic! Actually, I tried to use the basic common words such as carb, brakes, engine, transmission in the listing so you'll have to start by narrowing things down that way.

This is primarily for Keep 'Em Flying as that is my area of primary interest...if Paul discussed things of a more general nature, it got included in the list.

links and references

Great list and just about everything I need, problem is I don't have the ON back issues and can't seem to find an access via BMW MOA for a digital archive. Sent a note to Bill Wiegand seeking his help. I'll let you all know what I learn.
Joe Z

To access the ON online, click on the link at the top of the page. On that page is another link titled "Here"...click that. Then see the links to the digital edition of the ON. That takes you to the most current version. Click on the folder at the top of the page. There you can find back issues to November 2009. For now, that's all that's available.

Back