• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

St. Paul Food Vendors

Texpaul

Lost again
OK, all you foodies, here's a list of rally food vendors (mostly complete). This year the food vendors will be spread throughout the rally so you're going to have to follow your nose to your favorite munchies. Personally I'm looking forward to a Fry bread taco, a elk burger, a Shamrock, Thanksgiving in a bowl, a malt, some ice cream and wash it all down with some cold beer from the beer garden. Guess I better put new riding gear (one size larger) on the shopping list too.

Giggle's - Elk Burger, Bratwurst, Hickory Smoked BBQ Pork, Northwoods Fries, Walleye Cakes, Chicken Fried Bacon, Smoked Salmon on a stick, Walleye Fries, Salad on a stick, Soft Drinks, Bottled Water, Coffee, *Still waiting for breakfast menu

O'Gara's - Breakfast: Eggs, hashbrowns, toast, pancakes, sausage, breakfast sandwich (egg, cheese, sausage or bacon on croissant), grilled reuben, rueben bites (corned beef/sauerkraut/Swiss cheese), Peanut Butter Bacon Cheeseburger, Blarney beans (deep fried green beans), sweet potato tots, French fries, chicken strips, walleye sandwich, fish & chips, Burgers: Cheeseburger, Danny Boy (corned beef, kraut, Swiss cheese & dressing), O?Bleu (bleu cheese dressing, cheddar cheese & bacon), Quesadilla, (shredded cheddar, onions, peppers, tomatoes, salsa & sour cream) Shamrock (saut?ed spinach & garlic, feta cheese), Beverages: Coke products, milk, coffee, ice tea, orange juice, bottled water, red bull

Salem Lutheran - Eggs, Toast, Sausage/Bacon, Rolls, Pancakes, Breakfast Sandwich, Thanksgiving in a Bowl, Meatball Sundae, Hamburger, Cheeseburger, California Burger, Grilled Cheese, BLT, Turkey/Ham Sandwich, Chili, Soup, Salad, Cookies, Pie, Ice Cream, Soda, Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water

Kiwanis - Malts, BBQ Sandwich, Chips, Soda, Water

Hansen's Taco Grill - Deluxe Fry Bread Taco, Soft Shell Taco, Hard Shell Taco, Nachos, Nachos, Supreme, Taco in a bag, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Mr. Pibb, Root Beer, Lemonade, Bottled Water

Hansen's Grill - Hamburger, Cheeseburger, French Fries, Boneless Pork Chop Sandwich, Chicken Breast Sandwich; Breakfast: Bacon and Egg Sandwich, Bacon and Egg Sandwich with Cheese; Beverages: Coffee, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Mr. Pibb, Root Beer, Lemonade, Bottled Water

Hansen's Hot Dogs - Foot Long Hot Dogs, Breakfast Sausage Corn Dog, Corn Dogs, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Mr. Pibb, Root Beer, Lemonade, Bottled Water

Loret Foods - Cheese Curds, Corn Dogs, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Bottled Water

TOT Boss - Tater tots, Bacon wrapped tots, Loaded tots, Poutine tots, Chili tots, Tater Tot Nachos, Tots-n-Dogs, Tots-N-Tenders, Tot-N-Beef Burito Basket, Mama?s Tater Tot Hotdish, dipping sauces

See you in St.Paul
Rally Food Vendor Chair

Hey Paul That sure looks different then Gillette!!!!!! Thanks for posting I'll probably go up two sizes

And here I was just thinkin' that both the Darien pants and jacket were feeling a bit loose. I guess that won't be an issue by the end of the month...
-K

What, no pork chop on a stick!? Must be an Illinois thing...

Also a Iowa thing :)
State-Fair-2010-104-300x225.jpg

Healthy Options?

Hate to be a wet blanket but my cardiologist would not endorse most of what I see here. :laugh
Is there a market in walking distance?

It's fair food, what can you say. I did a Google search of the area but no grocery stores within walking distance. There is however a natural food co-op on Raymond ave a couple miles south south west of the fairgrounds. Google Raymond Aver Co-Op or Hampten Park Co-op. You would think with a university next door there would be more healthy options. Of course maybe there are but they don't show up on a Goggle search.

Hate to be a wet blanket but my cardiologist would not endorse most of what I see here. :laugh

There's a Chinese restaurant, Chin's Kitchen, on Snelling Ave. N, near Larpenteur. Healthy food is available there, and it is within walking distance. There's a seafood restaurant further east on Larpenteur, Mac's Fish & Chips. That might be okay if broiled fish is available. Deep-fried anything is suspect due to the trans-fats issue.

I am not attracted to deep-fried fair food, most of which is probably soaked in trans-fats. I do keep track of my cholesterol numbers...

Harry

It's fair food, what can you say. I did a Google search of the area but no grocery stores within walking distance. There is however a natural food co-op on Raymond ave a couple miles south south west of the fairgrounds. Google Raymond Aver Co-Op or Hampten Park Co-op. You would think with a university next door there would be more healthy options. Of course maybe there are but they don't show up on a Goggle search.

Thanks! This is my first MOA rally. You guys have been very helpful.

There is a nice neighborhood market, speedy market, on Como Ave. There is a Cub Foods on Snelling Ave North of the Fairgrounds. A Rainbow East of the Fairgrounds on Larpenteur Ave. Cub and Rainbow and large Grocery stores. None of these are "walking" distance but just a short ride. There is Nelsons Deli on the corner of Como and Snelling. They have sandwiches, soup and salads. That is walking distance. The Colossal Cafe on Como Ave (short ride across the street from Speedy Market) has healthy food options. Good Earth just north in Roseville also has healthy food.

I hope this helps.

Steve Handeland
Hospitality Co-Chair

food markets etc

Also check the "MOA-StPaul Rally: Neighborhood FYI" Rally Forum thread; links to my PicasaWebAlbum (of same name) of info-graphics (annotated GoogleMaps screen-grabs), some showing locations of markets/supermarkets/food co-op/etc. [a work-in-progress, tweaked whenever]

Duane S [fairgrounds neighbor]

healthy options..

I did a Google search of the area but no grocery stores within walking distance. There is however a natural food co-op on Raymond ave a couple miles south south west of the fairgrounds. Google Hampden Park Co-op. You would think with a university next door there would be more healthy options. Of course maybe there are but they don't show up on a Goggle search.

Well you would be able to walk to healthy options if... [SNIP]

[To avoid cross-posting, and to consolidate my 'rally neighborhood' comments, I've moved my reply here about "walkable healthy options/grocery?" to the ""MOA-StPaul Rally: Neighborhood FYI" Rally Forum thread, post#26]

Duane S

Last edited:
Back