Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: K1600GT on the track at VIR

  1. #1
    Biker gunnert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Catlett, VA
    Posts
    104

    K1600GT on the track at VIR

    3 minute video clip from VIR a couple of weeks ago. I was there for 2 days attending Reg Pridmore's CLASS.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnSyiTwIE9k
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

  2. #2
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    938
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

  3. #3
    Biker gunnert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Catlett, VA
    Posts
    104
    Ponch, where did you take the video? Track doesn't seem to have very many sharp turns. VIR offers EVERYTHING from straight aways to off camber uphill turns.
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

  4. #4
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnert View Post
    Ponch, where did you take the video? Track doesn't seem to have very many sharp turns. VIR offers EVERYTHING from straight aways to off camber uphill turns.
    I just found it on Youtube. I thought he did ok.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

  5. #5
    Biker gunnert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Catlett, VA
    Posts
    104
    Ponch, he did ok, but in the posts on the video the author talks about riding the bike to its limits and sliding the tires, BS.... He was riding with a bunch of slow riders. I didn't care for all the passing going on on the inside of riders either, it's not safe to dive under another rider when he doesn't know your coming...
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

  6. #6
    Registered User ch2ous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Catskills
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    Nice ride Ponch... I have to wonder though, what was it like powering over those tar snakes? I'm following your lean angle, rolling on the throttle out of turns and seeing what looks like you slipping a little. Those things freak me out. I have Tar Snake phobia
    Own: '13 K1600GT & '95 K75
    Owned: R1200GSA, GS & K1300GT

  7. #7
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by ch2ous View Post
    Nice ride Ponch... I have to wonder though, what was it like powering over those tar snakes? I'm following your lean angle, rolling on the throttle out of turns and seeing what looks like you slipping a little. Those things freak me out. I have Tar Snake phobia
    Again, not me. One, I don't own a 1600. It's beyond my pay grade. Two, I doubt you'd ever find me on a track. That said, I don't like tar snakes either.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

  8. #8
    Registered User ch2ous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Catskills
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    Again, not me. One, I don't own a 1600. It's beyond my pay grade. Two, I doubt you'd ever find me on a track. That said, I don't like tar snakes either.
    Right... sorry, I just watched the video and was a bit shaken up at the snakes and wanted to understand where the courage comes from. Cheers!
    Own: '13 K1600GT & '95 K75
    Owned: R1200GSA, GS & K1300GT

  9. #9
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by ch2ous View Post
    Right... sorry, I just watched the video and was a bit shaken up at the snakes and wanted to understand where the courage comes from. Cheers!
    My jewels have shrunk in older age. I'll leave such activities to those that still have them.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

  10. #10
    Registered User ch2ous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Catskills
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    My jewels have shrunk in older age. I'll leave such activities to those that still have them.
    Rgr that... I still haven't put my crash bars on for a zero / slow drop. They should be here by Wednesday (AltRider - Black) It takes so little these days to thrill me and just mounting this wonderful machine and working through the gears gives me the ear to ear happies
    Own: '13 K1600GT & '95 K75
    Owned: R1200GSA, GS & K1300GT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •