• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Webmaster

drtbyk

Is there a single Webmaster for the MOA Website? There are a number of minor things that could be easily fixed to make our Website appear more professional.

Dan -

Go ahead and lay them out here. You may get others to add their issues as well. There is a modest forum upgrade going on, to a higher version of vBulletin...I doubt you would see anything as a result of it.

A few of us can affect changes to the forum, but there are others who are working the MOA main website.

The following are things on the main Website that I think could use some attention:
  1. Author "Links" for MOA articles have no action other than to refresh the page or return to the top level. The web norm if for "author links" to go to an Author's Bio OR a contact form/mailto: link.
  2. The Countdown widget to the Rally is overlapping the header text. Easy fix, change the iframe height to something that fits the countdown timer widget and the text or remove the Text from the iframe.
  3. There are column headers on the right side of the Rally page that have no link and therefore no action: INTRODUCTION, GET INVOLVED, LOCAL AREA. Why have them there?
If there is a Webmaster, it would be a bit more service oriented to have a link to that person(s) at the bottom of any page to provide feedback rather than rely upon the Forum to do so.

These are just small things but small things make a difference. The site is looking better all the time and the Forum is much more user friendly.

I'd like to see the Website on par with the quality of the MOA Owners News publication.

Great to see such quick action. Thank you.

I have another suggestion that pertains to Links that leave the MOA www.bmwmoa.org domain.

All such links should have the target=_blank tag or similar coding like the links to Advertisers. This would keep the MOA page open when someone clicks on the remote link and a new tab/window would be open in their browser with the link results. This makes it easy for MOA web viewers to explore our links without having to find their way back to the page they were on at MOA.

Example Links:

Looks like I spoke to soon regarding the Rally Countdown Timer. I expect someone "updated" the page after it was fixed not knowing a change had been made.

Back