• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GPS mount for Navigator V K1600

Korotro

Good day, as I do not have the Nav package on my 13 K1600 I am looking for ur opinons on GPS mounts. Spoke w my dealers and they really can't help or direct me, I have also scanned through these forums and have come up a little dry. With a little more research I have looked at Wunderlich, and the GT10-1 (have not heard back from if it fits) so for those of you in the same situation please let me know what you are using. Much appreciated!

Good day, as I do not have the Nav package on my 13 K1600 I am looking for ur opinons on GPS mounts. Spoke w my dealers and they really can't help or direct me, I have also scanned through these forums and have come up a little dry. With a little more research I have looked at Wunderlich, and the GT10-1 (have not heard back from if it fits) so for those of you in the same situation please let me know what you are using. Much appreciated!

Have you removed the plastic cover where the nav goes, it's my understanding some 2012 bikes did not have the mount installed behind the cover, but all later 2012 models up have it

Have you removed the plastic cover where the nav goes, it's my understanding some 2012 bikes did not have the mount installed behind the cover, but all later 2012 models up have it
No cover does not come off it usually goes up but all not even that is there, looks like a found one that screws into the roundel, the GT 10. I just received a reply that told me that the Nav V does fit on the mount so I will try that. Also Wunderlich has a handlebar bag now that looks like velcro that attaches with a plastic window that fits a variety of devices, thanks for your reply, appreciated!

I have a early 2013, the big black plastic "6" emblem panel just above the middle Dash display pops right out, reveling a hole the size of a BMW Navigator 4 screen.

The button to the left of the hole must be pushed while the bike is turned on, it doesn't matter if it is running, as long as it is on. This does two things. First, it raises the windshield to full height. Second, it allows the spring loaded GPS mount to raise slightly so you can grab its top and raise it up out of the dash (but still under the windshield).

On the mount, if it has never been used before, is a cover over the contacts that connect to the Nav unit. Remove that cover but pressing the switch on the top right side of the mount. It is a bit had to get in there for bigger hands, but doable.

Next, just place the GPS in, bottom first and tilted forward a little. Push the top of the GPS back until it locks into the mount with a click. Lastly, push the top of the entire assembly back down into the dash. Your windshield will likely stay up until you turn the bike back off.

Hope this helps!

FYI: The Nav 5 (which is the newest GPS) requires replacement of the whole top middle section of the dash to correctly fit it into a 2013 bike. The nav 5 will fit regardless, but you will not see its entire screen.

Dealers typically get the bikes loaded with every conceivable option so if yours didn't have the GPS prep I'd be surprised. OTOH if it's really not there it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. More likely you'll see it if you do as jessholderbaum suggests.

New dash cover to fit the Nav V is P/N 46 63 8 546 302, $42.60, cover for the hole is 46 63 8 546 367, $7.70. It's worth the money to see the whole screen and the price is eminently reasonable. It took me less than a half hour to make the swap, and that included removing the XM antenna and sticking it to the new cover.

Excellent & thank you, a little more investigating and ur correct, now saying that I also wanted more from this magnificent machine and purchased the GTL for 2014! More touring more means! The GT was outstanding but the GTL is indeed the premier touring package, looking forward to next spring and the summer ahead! cheers :dance

It took me less than a half hour to make the swap, and that included removing the XM antenna and sticking it to the new cover.

I realize this is an old thread but can you elaborate on removal and installation?
I am doing the same conversion and don't want to take things apart that I don't have to.

Many thanks!

Joe

Yup

I have a early 2013, the big black plastic "6" emblem panel just above the middle Dash display pops right out, reveling a hole the size of a BMW Navigator 4 screen.

The button to the left of the hole must be pushed while the bike is turned on, it doesn't matter if it is running, as long as it is on. This does two things. First, it raises the windshield to full height. Second, it allows the spring loaded GPS mount to raise slightly so you can grab its top and raise it up out of the dash (but still under the windshield).

On the mount, if it has never been used before, is a cover over the contacts that connect to the Nav unit. Remove that cover but pressing the switch on the top right side of the mount. It is a bit had to get in there for bigger hands, but doable.

Next, just place the GPS in, bottom first and tilted forward a little. Push the top of the GPS back until it locks into the mount with a click. Lastly, push the top of the entire assembly back down into the dash. Your windshield will likely stay up until you turn the bike back off.

Hope this helps!

FYI: The Nav 5 (which is the newest GPS) requires replacement of the whole top middle section of the dash to correctly fit it into a 2013 bike. The nav 5 will fit regardless, but you will not see its entire screen.

2013 here also, with Nav 4 installed at dealer, I have the "6" cover also. Max give you all the parts back that they take off and not needed for accessories.

Back