• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

****WARNING - www.CarXenonHidKits.com *****

SteveAikens

Proud Veteran
****WARNING - www.CarXenonHidKits.com *****

So, you're looking for HID lighting for your scooter or maybe your car. You find www.CarXenonHidKits.com on-line and find they have quality German manufactured conversion kits in the $110 range - and for your application. Pretty sweet deal. You call and place an order. You talk with David. You ask when the order will arrive, in fact you stress it MUST be delivered within a given timeframe. David assures you it will be there - in fact, he tells you for an extra $9.00 or so, he'll send it FedEx overnight. You continue to stress no less than five times, how important it is that the kit arrive on a specific date. David tells you it absolutely will be there. You believe him and pay for it all.

So you place the order - only to receive an email confirmation that it will ship - get this - "overnight (usually 1-2 days)" Say what? You call back and talk to David. You tell him again that it needs to be there no later then next day. AGAIN, David reassures you it will be there and he'll take care of it.

The next day - when it is supposed to be there - you get a FedEx confirmation that it was shipped - in this case - today, went FedEx Ground and is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, in this case June 24th by 1630hrs, not today, June 20th - as required, and promised.

In this case, the motorcycle will incur storage fees because the work can't be done in time for me to get it picked up Saturday - tomorrow. The earliest the work can be done now is Wednesday the 25th. I'm just short of a 500 mile round trip to pick the bike up and will be traveling for work Wednesday and part of Thursday, then have eye surgery Friday in Amarillo and will be unable to ride for at least 3 weeks according to my Dr. Therefore, the motorcycle can't be picked up for a month. Why not just put the motorcycle back together, pick it up and bring it back later? Easy - storage fees are cheaper than the labor to do that - by a lot.

Bottom line? This company has no integrity and consistently lies to you to make a sale. Right now, David won't return calls as promised to work with me on this. Frankly, there is no working with me on this - and I'm certain he knows it by now.

BE WARNED - AVOID THIS LYING P.O.S. COMPANY!

Pass it along.

Aikens - doesn't like being lied to.

That happens at my company, customer service promises overnight shipping and message never makes it to shipping dept, or the guy in shipping is a dolt. Too bad about your situation, it could be worse if you never got the product you paid for.

Update: The item never shipped. Called FedEx to verify the online tracking. After the call, they changed the Estimated Delivery to N/A.

I have filed a fraud complaint against them and asked my bank to reverse the funds paid back to my account.

track.jpg

I made another purchase from Lumen Exports. The lady I spoke with told me it would go out USPS Express overnight yesterday. USPS tracking shows it left Portage, IN and already passed through Chicago, with delivery today before 12 o'clock.

You made out better anyway- the kits sent by the folks you used originally typically have too much, too fat wiring not well thought out for bike installs. Not my favorite by a long shot despite the claims for ballast, bulbs, etc- all of which might even be true.

I like the stuff from a cheaper Chinese supplier but put their bulb away as a spare and install it with premium capsule bulbs (made with Philips or a J brand OEM supplier). Thin ballasts, thin wires and not too much,etc. No ballast failures yet.

Believe it or not, this POS decided to actually ship the kit. Once I saw it had actually MOVED, I contacted FedEx and told them the item was already replaced, he didn't meet the required delivery date - which was shown on the original shipping label, and I wanted them to stop delivery and return to sender. She checked the shipment and original label and sent the message to Albuquerque to not deliver and return to sender. Twenty minutes later, I received a call from the Albuquerque FedEx Hub Manager to advise me they had to message and the shipment would be returned to sender at HIS expense.

I love it when a plan comes together.

So Steve, what did you eventually go with? I checked out Lumen Exports kits but did not see anything less than 6000K color, which I feel, is a bit much. I have been happy with 4300K in the Wing but that install was a long time ago and I forgot who I used.

I am just getting around to sticking a HIDs in my '08 RT. Any recommendations are welcome.

Hi Mike. I went with the 6000K Diamond Whites. That's what I run on the RTP and I'm good with it. If you've seen my WARN HIDs over my mirrors - those are 6000K and also work well for me.

I thought you told me you got Future Visions on the Wing??

Frankly, part of the reason was availability - OVERNIGHT. I really wanted to go with 5000K. To my eyes, it's the best color. Oldwhatshername and I both have adaptive Xenons on our cars, her's a 2010, mine a 2008 and both are 4300K. We have a friend that has a 2011 that got 5000K capsules for his 535i, and I've driven it at night. Works for me. and I've considered moving to them on my car.

If you're going to be in Denver, you'll see them. How you doing these days??

Once I saw it had actually MOVED, I contacted FedEx and told them the item was already replaced, he didn't meet the required delivery date - which was shown on the original shipping label, and I wanted them to stop delivery and return to sender.

Good work, Steve.

This info - the conflict between the original shipping label's ship date and the package's actual ship date - was sufficient to get FedEx to put a stop on the package while it was in transit? Did FedEx wiggle, or did they act immediately?

The notion of expecting integrity from a firm selling an illegal (if you install it) product is amusing.

6K bulbs may or may not really be that from Chinese sources- reality in data and claims isn't generally their specialty. And generally bulbs atthat temp have some sort of coating that reduces output by a little- the bluer the temp the more restrictive the coating.

And while those higher temp (bluer) bulbs might be fine in dry climates, bluer is a pita in the wet and for reflections off signs- there are plenty of both in most of the eastern part of the country. 4300K is already marginal in the wet and the glare factor and failure to illuminate wet surfaces well goes up as color temp goes up. Higher temps do work well on dry asphalt, however.

So test in your local area in the worst conditions you ride before evaluating any light source.

The Chinese type I use is from DDM Tuning but I substitute better quality 4300K bulbs. Generally 10 days to delivery.

When a bike has only a single headlight bulb, I see little practical alternative if you intend to ride at night. 1400-1500 lumens doesn't get it at modern road speeds.
3000 is marginal and you get barely more than that with an HID (3200 lumens each on a 35W ballast). Even a single HID needs supplementation for better area coverage. We're way past overdue for better vehicle lighting stds IMO.

Bikes like the RT with its dual low beam lamps offer lighting that at least equals what a cheap cage has for low beams.
Except for my first Yamaha in the early 60s, every bike I have ever owned has had supplemental lighting intended to operate with the low beam- most were offroad lights or generally "illegal" for that use. Considering the number of deer I've seen at night and not hit, I've got no regrets. But I do keep my lights aimed as low as practical to avoid as much annoyance to oncoming traffic as possible. I always test my aim by walking a good distance in front of my bike and judging the glare from the other guys perspective.

Back