• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Damn Yankees 2005 Pictures:

B

BUBBAZANETTI

(copied from a post i made last night on advrider, i will post some more pictures from the actual rally when i get home tonight, this is the "ride report" section)

it was only 80 miles or so, but we got to see a really neat italian off road museum, had some good eats and i got to go down my favorite road in massachusetts (lots of "oddities", train tunnels, hydro dams, defunct nuclear plant, etc...........) sorry if my first trip report's a boring, i didn't take many pictures

the museum, i've never seen so many ossas in my life:

italianshop1.JPG

ossa1.JPG

wtf???:

italianshop2.JPG

ossa2.JPG

ossa3.JPG

creepy train tunnel (disregard the non creepy family gathering in front of it) this was at one time the world's lognest train tunnel, i've walked about 3 miles into it before, found a small "house" built into the rock wall there and some vent shafts and other things, be neat to go through it on a small dirtbike.....

IMG_1544.JPG

decomissioned nuclear plant, there is nothing left but the fuel now, the whole structure was still there 2 years ago, took them 10 years to remove the reactive stuff and 2 to take the rest down:

yankeerowe.JPG

Nice pics. Here is another at the museum.

44673ad3.jpg

My home, set-up after the rain Fri. Pole holds a little nightlight.

df4ff815.jpg

haha, mark, i was in the tent just to your left i think, shame we didn't get a chance to chat...........

Here's what I got...

6am Saturday morning we had a bagpipe wake-up call :mad

31389462-M.jpg

Later on that day, at a much more reasonable hour, Max BMW sponsored an apparently kick-ass GS ride. Doug Morrison explains some of the road conditions:
31389477-M.jpg

I didn't go, but instead went riding with Derek to Jim Hollerich's museum:

31389497-M.jpg

31389505-M.jpg

31389514-M.jpg

8 250cc Mick Andrews Replicas, 1972-74
31389518-M.jpg

Jim also has some vintage sno-mobiles:
31389521-M.jpg

31389544-M.jpg

Field events on Saturday are always popular. We have water balloon toss, kick the dog (though this year it was kick the doll), slow races, and the weenie bite. I took Rob Nye as my passenger; we didn't win, but this year the queen of the weenie-bite took back her crown:
31389606-M.jpg

Closing ceremonies:
31389648-M.jpg

We have a winner!
31389664-M.jpg

You may have noticed Rob Nye's attire. He was doing his best to keep a low profile before the IronButt, because he obviously takes himself very seriously :rolleyes
31389669-M.jpg

Before anyone could approach him to discuss MOA business, he took off in a black helicopter and was never seen again.

Except for later when everyone was rallying and getting tipsy:
31389688-M.jpg

31389707-M.jpg

Derek got a little out of control, so we had to put him in the rabbit cage:
31389724-M.jpg

Clearly he was envious that I beat him out for the best-dressed award:
31389721-M.jpg

BubbaZanetti said:
haha, mark, i was in the tent just to your left i think, shame we didn't get a chance to chat...........

My tent is the Kelty on the right but my bike is on the left in the pic. I was wondering if you were there.

I'm the guy in the red t-shirt in Chace's pic of the shower line listening to the piper.

I'm the guy on the very right hand side of Chace's "we have a winner" pic, in the blue T-shirt and YB hat.

Chacifer said:
Clearly he was envious that I beat him out for the best-dressed award:
31389721-M.jpg

Glad to see the coat is on it's way to a tradition. Great pics; wish I'd been there.

BMWGypsy said:
Glad to see the coat is on it's way to a tradition. Great pics; wish I'd been there.

Thanks.

It took me some time to find just the right one. :D

We missed you guys...

- RPB

Yeah, I know you are talking about Chace's nifty housecoat.

Rob Nye said:
Thanks.

It took me some time to find just the right one. :D

We missed you guys...

- RPB

Yeah, I know you are talking about Chace's nifty housecoat.

And clearly you're envious that my hi-viz house-coat outdoes your madras blazer. :p

Let the games begin!

first there was the can toss:

cantoss.JPG

then the "hot dog event" (anything else i typed there sounded disgusting) rob made nice use of his hands to come away as the victor with chace in the first round of this event:

hotdog.JPG

moving on to the slow race:

slowrace2.JPG

and finally the scottish trials, first rob:

scottish1.JPG

followed by tire nazi:

scottish2.JPG

and finally our winner, didn't catch his name:

scottish3.jpg

next year the beer will wait till after and i might actually participate..........

Hey Bubba - you thinking what I am thinking? I am liking the Hus-Ski thingamabob for Rounders Season 2.
looks like you all had a lousy time. not.
gotta ask, why would a museum have 8 of the same bike??
cool pictures all around.

Having 8 of the same bike gives you some barganing power when another jem is available , I supose ya could display one & stash the others but if ya got em ,you know!!!!
ps.twas truly a splendid rally , a tip o the helmet to the weather commitee you folks did an exelent job :type

Bubba,

Positively glowing report (sorry...couldn't resist)!

Fun stuff...Chacifer, you get a new bike?

Ian

Love the OSSA's

Thanks for sharing the pictures. The pictures of the OSSA's bring back lots of memories. I owned 4 OSSA in my time; Pioneer 175 & 250, Plunker, and a DMR. Enjoyed those machines.

Back