Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

gened12

Been married for 24 years myself but...

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Cox
    Wife's name, plus a cross and a heart on either end of the name - tattooed on my ring finger right where the ring would go. Been married 25 years.
    Hi Iwe just celebrated 24 yearrs togheteer but the only tatoo I have is her finger prints around my neck

Cheers and go well

gened12

Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by SCQTT
    Denis sounds like your wife may have a little thing for tattoos (no offense) show up with a temp one to see if you get a + reaction.

Might be worth a little pain, for a lifetime of giving her a little boost

Long story, but my friend wound up with a pair of fingerless (worthless) biker gloves. He put them on and was clowning around for his super conseravtive straight laced, lawyer wife and she nearly broke his back. You never know what pushes what buttons.

Never tought about it but now that you mention it.... Do you know if I can get my face tatooed to look like Harrison Ford? Now I know this would work...

Great post

Cheers

Denis R1200GS

BUBBAZANETTI
    Quote Originally Posted by woodnsteel
    No tattoos, but a buddy of mine has a hinge tattooed on the inside of the elbow of his drinking arm. Wish I would have thought of it first.
    hahhaa, i love ridiculous tattoos, friends of mine have: a moustache on their index finger, a toaster popping up 2 slices of toast (big chest piece), a mr. peanut with at red circle aruound him and a line over him (he's deathly alergic to peanuts) best of all, this beautiful very not silly looking tattoo type who has a giant piece of ralph wiggum (the simpons) with a speech bubble above him that says "my cat's breath smells like cat food" on her back. and just a few days ago another friend of mine got a huge harry potter tattoo and he's a merchant marine (what the heck is a merchant marine) anyway, its always the super meaningful tattoos i think are boring or unoriginal, also, traditional stuff (nautical stars, sparrows, banners, etc) are so common these days that i cringe when i hear of someone getting one. doesn't something every other kid has kind of go against the whole idea, i think i want some chinese characters that say "i like hot dogs"

I have three myself, and yes I am one of them young whippersnappers. I have a small rune on my back that is the same as Gandalf uses to sign a letter that he left the hobbits at Bree, but it's also a norse rune. I got that one almost first thing when I went to college. And then there was a break of about 5 years before I got a version of this Thor's Hammer that I found on the internet and thought was really cool last fall. It is a symbol that old norse people would wear around their necks as a sign that they were followers of the old gods when Christianaity started to spring up in Scandinavia around 1100 or so. This one is on the center of my back between my shoulder blades.

The next one I got was I think last January or February, and yes I rode my bike to the shop to get it done. They are pretty cool about me just parking on the sidewalk in front. This one is an Aegihjalmur, which is another Norse symbol that is considered to be a sign of protection.

I like the whole Norse theme because it ties in with my Teutonic/Germanic heritage, as well as my Scottish (a good chunk of Scotland was populated by Vikings) and my Irish heritage (same deal as Scotland). I have another one that I may get here in the near future, but let's keep that on the down low, because I think that my mom may kick my ass if I get another one. Did I mention that she's in karate?

Tattoos

I have had 7 Bmw motorcycles, 2 Japs in 33 years, Got no tats and no piercings. Perhaps its sad to say , but at 54 years old, she says that, "get one if you got to",but the tone says NO, but never had a desire, and also never saw anything besides her that I wanted to be permanently attached to. The bottom line is I really dont think I am allowed, I am whipped.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    The one I saw on a friend of mine who rides makes sense in a scary way. He has his name and social security number on his chest, basically above his heart. To quote him. I always have ID.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Quote Originally Posted by gened12
    Hi I got my first bike ever this spring and Im 43... no tatoos yet unless I loose my argument, and no piercings either (unless you count the ones I was born with... ) What are your tatoos then?

Cheers

Denis !200GS
    My first tattoo is a smiling and blazing sun on my upper right arm which I like to think mirrors my personality...even on the occasional cloudy and stormy days that we all have.

For my 2nd I had been thinking of something to compliment the sun and one day while looking at a dollar bill I glanced at the pyramid with the eye on the back and I thought to myself, "That's it!" I am a salesman by trade and it just made sense. Had it inked just below the sun.

I am now thinking of a blue cloud band between them.

I will keep you posted!

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale

He has his name and social security number on his chest, basically above his heart. To quote him. I always have ID.
    Brad that is affectionately known as a "meat tag". Some folks get them under their left arm.

Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    The one I saw on a friend of mine who rides makes sense in a scary way. He has his name and social security number on his chest, basically above his heart. To quote him. I always have ID.
    I've actually thought of that a couple times....

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

In the future, when necessary that people need be dug up people from their graves here is what they will need to expect:
    Lip , check ,eye-lid, breast, calf and butt implants. Little and sometimes big clumps of squishy stuff lasting years lying in people. (I would guess that they are usually silicone.) Tattoo's will be nothing!

Bob C
    Quote Originally Posted by Motogirl
    Got this (avatar) a few years ago - Bob Nye took this pic at the race in Daytona.

I noticed an immediate improvement in my riding skills when I got it, by the way. Maybe having ink makes you faster, just like black is the fastest color.
    I was always told SILVER was the FASTESt color..

Quote Originally Posted by STRESS
    In the future, when necessary that people need be dug up people from their graves here is what they will need to expect:
    Lip , check ,eye-lid, breast, calf and butt implants. Little and sometimes big clumps of squishy stuff lasting years lying in people. (I would guess that they are usually silicone.) Tattoo's will be nothing!
    For those of you who don't speak fluent Joe (it took me about 18 years to learn it myself), I think my husband is trying to say:

In the future, tattoos will be nothing. Archaelogists will be finding many silicone treasures from lip, cheek (not check), eyelid, breast, calf and butt (why would you want one of those?) implants.

Translation complete.

For the record, I have two: a "wedding" ring and a Japanese symbol relating to our relationship.
    D'Lilah
    2012 R1200GS / 2000 R1200C / 2002 Yamaha TW200

My heart doesn't beat, it revs!!!

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D'Lilah
    For those of you who don't speak fluent Joe (it took me about 18 years to learn it myself), I think my husband is trying to say:

In the future, tattoos will be nothing. Archaelogists will be finding many silicone treasures from lip, cheek (not check), eyelid, breast, calf and butt (why would you want one of those?) implants.

Translation complete.
    Oh come on D'Lilah, he is a guy after all. We can understand him fine.
    By the way, have you pissed off any susquatches lately?
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Who? Quiet little me? "The man had on a sweater made of human hair!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by D'Lilah; 08-10-2005 at 03:20 AM.
    D'Lilah
    2012 R1200GS / 2000 R1200C / 2002 Yamaha TW200

My heart doesn't beat, it revs!!!

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

Been meaning to ask

Quote Originally Posted by snoone
    Been riding Beemers for 20 years. I have 5 tats, my wife 3. She has a butterfly, flower and heart and I have well, look at my avatar.
    Snoon, were you just on a flight from Wash National to St. Louis a week or two ago? Saw a guy with with your avatar on a worn out t-shirt. Was going to ask but had get on with work once we landed in St. Louis?
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)