• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW riders and TATOOS!

Bikers have tatoos
Motorcyclists have GPS Sat radio and all the whistles
Riders Ride
I am a rider

Following that logic, your wife would not be considered a real cook unless she
had a Cuisinart food processor tattoo somewhere on her person...How
about Kitchen Aid - from shoulder to wrist along her arm in one inch
high Old English style letters :)

I have Lots of bikes with lots of miles but no tattoo.

2 of them, one just a week old.. First was this spring, a red maple leaf, left side of the chest.

Number 2 is a mobius loop with my wife's name and our wedding date "engraved" on the outside and a 7-bit repeating binary pattern of 0101010 on the inside. For those who don't do binary, it's 42, which, according to the late Douglas Adams author of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, is the meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything. That and the numbers of our wedding day add up to 42, so I guess it was destiny.. The binary, cuz I'm basically a nerd at heart :lol

Number 3 will be my kids. Then it will be complete, I have my country, and my family, the things I have the deepest respect for.

I have thought about a Toronto Maple Leafs logo but I'll wait until the win the cup again, which means I won't have to worry about putting that one on any time soon!

I have 2....one tribal on the arm, the other is on my shoulder.

See attached.

Attachments

• 685744647_l.jpg
    685744647_l.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 275
I made the mistake of getting 2 tattoos as a young knucklehead in the navy. I hate them now. Do i have to trade my bmw in on a harley?

not me...

Nor will I ever get one. Huge distaste for needles.

When I was in the service there was this one serviceman who had a Robin tatoo on his lower back pulling a worm out the crack of his butt. Right then and there I made a decision never to get a tatoo. That was 32 years ago. I do notice more tatoos more than ever.

I guess I'm one of those narrow minded people who equate tatoos with bikers.

I don't have any tatoos, and I like to flatter myself that I'm a motorcyclist, not a biker.

As for piercings, after working for 26 years in power systems, I'm kind of proud of the fact that I have no piercings or markings that I wasn't born with.

I don't mind piercings and tatoos on others, just not on me.

Of course as I'm often reminded by my daughter who has piercings and tatoos "Dad, you're not going to wear THAT T shirt when we go out are you, what if someone sees me with you?" Made in reference to my tie dye Finger Lakes shirt.

It's all a matter of perspective.................Rod.

The Tat lives!

PJ, where did you find this thread? It was started in Aug 2005 and last used mid 2006 before you brought it back from the dead. I guess good tat stories never die.

Dave H
San Antonio, TX

My son gave me tatoo last weekend....:brow

Then it washed off...........:D

He's four, what can I say :brow

Kids are great!!! :bliss

I met a guy last week who has that same one on his lower leg but with the BMW roundels inside both the wheels! He's not even a BMWMOA member...YET!

I have 2....one tribal on the arm, the other is on my shoulder.

See attached.

tat - who's

I would agree with KBASA. We are NOT bikers. Our interest is in the overall performance of the motorcycle. Additions to the motorcycle are most often made to improve function or performance - not decorative.

Likewise additions to the rider tend to be oriented the same - not decorative - maybe we don't as a group have self image issues.

Self image issues

No one is free from self image issues....I always suspect the ones who cry the loudest, that they don't, do....

You've got it wrong, Sykkel. "We" are a large, diverse group of motorcycle owners. "We" includes motorcyclists and bikers, although I'm not sure there's a distinction anyway. "Our interest" is likewise complex and diverse. Your post to this topic should say "I am not a biker" and "my interest is in performance". Many BMW owners make decorative additions to their bikes, including chrome, and are interested in BMWs for aesthetic reasons. Similarly, people have tattoos for complex and diverse reasons. I have two and I may soon add two more. My father, brother, and wife, all BMW riders, have tattoos. Look around at the rally this week, you'll see a lot of tattoos on us BMW bikers.

I have two tattoos, both of which have a special meaning.

There is a WWII Canadian Army motorcycle dispatch rider's shoulder flash (Motorcycle wheel with a pair of wings) on my shoulder. I was a military historian for many years and a friend wrote a book about the WWII DR's. When he died young of cancer, I got the tat as a tribute to him, and my interest in military history and bikes in general.

My second tattoo is the old style BMW "motoman" between my shoulders, a gift from my step daughter after I once commented that the design would make a good tattoo. It's BMW but also a generic sport touring design, and came from somebody who matters a lot to me.

Back