• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW riders and TATOOS!

I have two. One is an Texas/Confederate theme, the other is a design I had made. It has a setting sun, an Eagle with tears in it's eyes looking at the Bill of Rights being torn in half. I commissioned the tattoo immediately after the "Patriot Act" and "Terrorist Act" were passed to summarize what I thought.

Wife has no tats but one piercing, south of her belly button a few inches :D

Last edited:
East Prussian eagle on my upper right arm. Got it at the age of forty and my wife loves it. It's ink is deep in my skin; it's meaning deep in my heart.:german
The difference between a biker and a motorcyclist isn't in how you look. It's in how you act. (Just my opinion)

All Biker's dont't show thier true colours

Hi My wife says that BMW riders are NOT bikers because we do not wear tatoos like the Harley guys. I tried to explain that we are bikers nonetheless with our own code of conduct (helping out on the road, like speed but not recklessly, love fine german motorcycles and kermit chairs, smart enough to wear safety gear etc...) but she refuses to believe that any of us are real bikers and are really commited unless we have a tatoo.

MY BIG QUESTION IS: How many of you have got a tatoo to show your commitment to being a real biker AND what is your tatoo AND where is is located on your body. Depending on the response I might just have to conceed to my wife (AHRRRR) and my be forced to get a tatoo or I will prove my point (yeahhh)

Denis #119526 oilhead R1200GS :D

:type The one is on my left leg Done by Berry in Scarborough, Ontario . It is for the memory of my brother Dennis. l have a litle ying and yang as well :stick nice Dragon:bikes :bikes :german :bar

Michael:buds

Last edited:
It all depends on how you look at things and what you feel is the purpose of getting one ,FWIW I spent 10 years pushing ink for a living (mostly the Harley crowd) From my perspective and my opinion (and I will label it as such) I noticed In the early years that those who were commited to the lifestyle and I mean they, breathed, ate, slept and died their motorcycles. the tattoos were an aformation of who they were not what they wanted to be. As time rolled by I noticed alot of folks getting tat's were more the weekend warriors who saw tattoos as a way to become an instant biker without the dues. Yea, I have a couple of em

During the 60's,whilst hitchhiking,I had a brief moment of clarity,and will always remember the tattoo on the forearm of the driver that picked me up.It was of a tombstone,and was inscribed with "As you are,I once was,as I am,you shall be". :D

BMW Riders and Tatoos!

If I were to ever get a tatoo the Red Cross wouldn't accept my blood for donation for at least a year.
That fact should tell you something about the possible effect on your health a tatoo could have!

Dave Rudzki
Type O-neg. 2 1/4 gallons donated so far.

If I were to ever get a tatoo the Red Cross wouldn't accept my blood for donation for at least a year.
That fact should tell you something about the possible effect on your health a tatoo could have!

Dave Rudzki

yeah, but they are REALLY uptight at that place. they also won't let you give blood if you have traded sex for drugs with a prostitute or IV drug user. sheesh! what's next? oh, and i suppose that summer i spent in the congo is a problem too!

;)

Dave Rudzki

I would suspect that is an old rule from days gone by when Tattoo needles were not regulated and sterilized, and nothing to do with the ink itself.

Well kids,when it comes to absurd tattoos,I've gotta run this by y'all. I do believe I inherited my warped sense of ha ha,from my deceased friend Albert( R.I.P old buddy),who had quite a bit of ink covering his body.First off,let me say that I don't have a single tatt(,nor the desire to get one) but my buddy loved to press people's buttons,he was also NOT shy.
One thing he'd do,and it wouldn't much matter who happened to be in the vicinty,was tell some ,guy/girl.man/woman ,"I've got your name on my dick"In the small town I grew up in,everyone knew he had lots of tatts,but would be puzzled WHY he'd have that.Soon enough,down would come his zipper,and out would come his,let's say LARGE, member,and sure enough, there it would be,for all to see....

YOUR
NAME
That was one of fourteen on that particular appendage:laugh . I do miss my buddy... He was killed while test riding a bike,his wife witnessed the accident,as she was following him.

I was considering donating blood a while back, they wouldn't take it 'cause I had been to Jamaica within the last 6 months. IIRC there was a 12 or 18 month post-visit moratorium on donating.

Wear a certain type of jeans, put on your make-up, roll your sleeves up - or down. All methods of displaying how you want to look or how you want to be seen.
Write a poem, post on a group or just wear a descriptive T-shirt. All methods of expressing who you are or what you believe in.
A tattoo is just a method of doing either or all of these things.

Speak free Live easy!! Oh Canada:dance

While not exactly a tattoo, I got a muffler burn from my F650 that is going to leave a permanent mark...
Branded_0032.JPG

The write-up is here.

You must be kidding. I would know that mark anywhere. You got it when you were initiated into the Shaolin Priesthood.

Easy :german

Tatoo's

The only tatoo that I have ever liked was the character on " Fantasy Island "

that kept saying " Boss ! " The PLane !! The Plane !!

The only one's I have ever had were the lick and stick one's and I really had a lot of fun with them.

I would rather save my money and get a few accessories for my bike but that is just me.

I know that people are just facinated with them. And I hold no judgements against anyone.

To me a BMW MOA patch on my jacket is suffice with my BMW logo on my bike.

cheers from Newmarket Ontario

hepititas

I don't know if I spelled that right but currently there is a big scare in Toronto right now.

A very reputatable tatoo place has to retract hundreds of clients and make sure they go get tested for Hepitatas.

Yes, somehow, I guess the authorities feel that it could have been the source of contamination.

Be Careful out there !!!!

I never taught this tread would last so long

Thanks for all your input. :heart I am overwhelmed by the number of posts. I am still without a tattoo, and am quite happy that way. I did come across a giant (covering an entire backside) japanese tattoo that was very cool if not very painful.

Keep those posts coming.

Cheers

Denis R1200GS soon to switch over to a R1200RT

Hi My wife says that BMW riders are NOT bikers because we do not wear tatoos like the Harley guys. I tried to explain that we are bikers nonetheless with our own code of conduct (helping out on the road, like speed but not recklessly, love fine german motorcycles and kermit chairs, smart enough to wear safety gear etc...) but she refuses to believe that any of us are real bikers and are really commited unless we have a tatoo.

MY BIG QUESTION IS: How many of you have got a tatoo to show your commitment to being a real biker AND what is your tatoo AND where is is located on your body. Depending on the response I might just have to conceed to my wife (AHRRRR) and my be forced to get a tatoo or I will prove my point (yeahhh)

Denis #119526 oilhead R1200GS :D

How many tattoos does your wife have????

:dance

I have Wile-E-Coyote on a rocket with handlebars on my left shoulder. I am proud to be branded by such a fine organization like the Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote.

President Pat Carol

IMO tatoos do not make you a biker and being a biker does not necessarily mean you have tattoos. Bikers happen to often have a lot of tattoos. I used to be and I didn't have tattoos (well maybe one) but now I'm a motorcyclist and I do. I'm very selective on my ink. I'm trying to sort out my next one now (I'm partial to Celtic Art) "Biker" is a lifestyle I grew out of when I decided to have a family. I felt it was impossible to maintain that lifestyle when there were kids involved that counted on me. If you don't know whether your a biker or not than you are not.

Your a motorcyclist, be proud of that. It's a better place... Really!

Back