Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

gened12

I'm afraid so

Quote Originally Posted by CARVERBOATBOY
    I have 2 ................ do I have to sell my bike?

Jeff
    Dear Sam, On behalf of the BMW motorcycle owners of America, I regret to inform you that due to your 2 tatoos, we will have to confiscate your bike. I am willing to look after them personally.... since you are not helping my case. By the way what are your tatoos.

Cheers

Denis R1200GS

one tatoo

eagle's head on the upper right arm. And my wife doesn't like it......

scqtt
    Got my first and only tattoo on my first solo trip out of state. 16 years old, on a motorcycle 250 miles to my uncle's house. I guess it was a rite of passage. A tiger's head, fierce with ears flattened out, on my left calf. About the size of a silver dollar. 23 years ago, way before tattoos were cool.

Thinking about a family crest very large on my back (argent shield with red chevron and 10 red crosses) we were defenders of the church.

I have a friend with the Yamaha tuning forks logo tattoo, it looks really cool.

callmethebreeze

Tattoo you.....

MY BIG QUESTION IS: How many of you have got a tatoo to show your commitment to being a real biker AND what is your tatoo AND where is is located on your body. Depending on the response I might just have to conceed to my wife (AHRRRR) and my be forced to get a tatoo or I will prove my point (yeahhh)
    I played my pipes in a Tattoo in Edinburgh, Scotland. Does that qualify?

Makes about as much sense as suggesting that in order to become something that you have to get a tattoo versus doing that which you wish to become. I follow the way of Zen. I don't need a tattoo to advertise.
    I certainly appreciate fine Japanese body art. I've played rugby with some extraordinary Maori men who had equally superb patterns etched into their skin. These tracings had purpose and meaning. They were not done frivolously.

Tell your wife that Harley sells temporary tattoos, perhaps she'll feel better.

PS I correct others when they refer to me as a biker. I don't like the term. It associates me with a group of people that I try to avoid.

Adios,
    T.

gened12

This thread was just meant to be light hearted

Quote Originally Posted by Callmethebreeze
    I played my pipes in a Tattoo in Edinburgh, Scotland. Does that qualify?

Makes about as much sense as suggesting that in order to become something that you have to get a tattoo versus doing that which you wish to become. I follow the way of Zen. I don't need a tattoo to advertise.
    I certainly appreciate fine Japanese body art. I've played rugby with some extraordinary Maori men who had equally superb patterns etched into their skin. These tracings had purpose and meaning. They were not done frivolously.

Tell your wife that Harley sells temporary tattoos, perhaps she'll feel better.

PS I correct others when they refer to me as a biker. I don't like the term. It associates me with a group of people that I try to avoid.

Adios,
    T.
    Point well made, but I did not mean the thread to be taken so personally. Strangely enough though ever since I bought a motorcycle, my wife has been pestering me about this tatoo issue, not that I care about it one bit, I just like to ride and ride a loa nd ride fast and ride a BMW motorcycle because they are well made. And come to think of it also smell the roadkill (not just see it as when I'm in a car). Now that adds a new dimension to the word involvement.

Denis R1200 GS

scqtt
    Denis sounds like your wife may have a little thing for tattoos (no offense) show up with a temp one to see if you get a + reaction.

Might be worth a little pain, for a lifetime of giving her a little boost

Long story, but my friend wound up with a pair of fingerless (worthless) biker gloves. He put them on and was clowning around for his super conseravtive straight laced, lawyer wife and she nearly broke his back. You never know what pushes what buttons.

Darsky

Tattoos and midlife crisis

Got a Kokopelli tattoo on my left thigh (inside) when I was fifty. Got my bike at 55. A couple of hip surgeries at the age of 53 made the motorocyling possible. And prevents me from getting another tatoo.

Just what the hell do tattoos have to do with motorcycles anyway???
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

love to ride. no tatts. never even got one when i was younger and more stupider.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

SNOONE
    Been riding Beemers for 20 years. I have 5 tats, my wife 3. She has a butterfly, flower and heart and I have well, look at my avatar.

I'm starting a new fad...

...being tattoo free!

Getting "ink" is a personal thing, and I know how important they are to some people as reminders, symbols, etc. I have nothing against tattoos or the people that wear them.

But, it's very different in today's world. When I was a kid, the only people that had tattoos were ladies in a circus sideshow, or guys that had served overseas and had the mermaid on their arm.

Go to a summer event now, when people are showing a little skin, and you'll see more people with tattoos than without. Teens and even pre-teens, in some cases with real ink on their arms, backs, and legs. Housewives with butterflies on their shoulders.

Not for me, since I already have enough scars and marks on my body. Like I said, soon, if not already, I'm a loner, a rebel, a guy with no ink.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

callmethebreeze

Talking Taking a breath

Quote Originally Posted by gened12
    Point well made, but I did not mean the thread to be taken so personally. Strangely enough though ever since I bought a motorcycle, my wife has been pestering me about this tatoo issue, not that I care about it one bit, I just like to ride and ride a loa nd ride fast and ride a BMW motorcycle because they are well made. And come to think of it also smell the roadkill (not just see it as when I'm in a car). Now that adds a new dimension to the word involvement.

Denis R1200 GS
    My apologies. Got a bit overwrought. Will go break some boards with my head. Thanks for your comments.
    Cheers,
    T

DEANCOX
    Wife's name, plus a cross and a heart on either end of the name - tattooed on my ring finger right where the ring would go. Been married 25 years.

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar

No tats, but lots of miles

Uninked at present, and no plans for the future. But I ride a lot of miles every year. I do occasionally wear BMW t-shirts.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Got this (avatar) a few years ago - Bob Nye took this pic at the race in Daytona.

I noticed an immediate improvement in my riding skills when I got it, by the way. Maybe having ink makes you faster, just like black is the fastest color.