• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Solo Musician Touring via BMW - Looking for shows in Upper Midwest (early Aug)

gossamerjohn

Hey all. I'm an MOA member and BMW enthusiast. To support my new album ("Organ Donor Blues") on Lakeshore Records I'm embarking on a solo acoustic tour via my GS1200 in early August. For this leg of the tour I'll be going from KC, through St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, along the upper Miss. to Mnpls, Duluth, then back South along I35 to KC. This tour is just me, my guitar, and my bike.

The Music is here: http://johnvelghe.bandcamp.com/album/organ-donor-blues
My EPK is here: http://www.sonicbids.com/band/johnvelghe/

I'm hoping someone can help me find some venue's that would be into hosting an acoustic singer/songwriter show. These can be bars, coffeeshops, house concerts (outdoors is fine), or even weird alternative venues. They can be off the beaten path - honestly the more odd the spot the better.

I'm a professional musician and I've been touring and playing for over 15 years. This is, however, my first tour via motorcycle. If you or someone you know might be willing to help me find a show, or host one, please send me a message here or you can email mgmt [at] johnvelghe {dot} com.

You can also contact me via the links above too.

I really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.

Ah. Well I suppose the short answer is the significance is up to the listener. It's Telly up to what ever earth person brings to the song. For me it's a song about a conversation I had with someone.

Cool of you to take off and just do it. I take it you have at least SOME gigs booked already? Whether you do or don't is immaterial, I suppose. But HEY! best of luck... Will you post a Ride Report here, or on *another* forum? Or write your trip up and post pix in a blog somewhere?

Sounds like it'd be a cool read.
Cheers, Bon Voyage, and keep the shiny side up.

Back