Thread: Aftermarket Windshields for the K1600GTL

Aftermarket Windshields for the K1600GTL

Does anyone have experience with the Cee Baileys or Aeroflow Windshields currently available for the K1600GTL ?

I am 5-11 with a 32 inch inseam and have the Aeroflow medium GT windshield on my GTL. It is near perfect for me.

Much smoother airflow at a much lower level than the stock screen. I would say that at the optimum height, anything more than about 3 car lengths ahead of me I can see over the top of the screen. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have specific questions.
    Last edited by cessnadog; 06-10-2014 at 01:50 AM.

Registered User bluegrasspicker's Avatar
    I ordered cee Baileys 22' tall wide body with no vent. I like it. I'm 5'7" with 30" inseam. I've had it for two years and see no reason to change.
    Tom Barrie
    http://bluegrasspicker.blogspot.com/
    2012 K1600GTL
    2002 R1150RT (sold)

I have a Cee Bailey 24 extra wide tinted. I love it.very quite with good protection.

I have a dark tinted 18" Cee Baileys windshield for hot summer days when additional air is good. It works well and being 6'2" I can easily see over it. My head is actually in a more buffet free zone.
    Andre Boening
    2010 F800GS and 2012 K1600GT

Just got the Aeroflow Medium GT with wings and mini-wings on my Exclusive. - Love them.
    I am 5'8" with 29" inseam. Great wind protection and stock air diverters don't blast you as much when opened.

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Just got the Aeroflow Medium GT with wings and mini-wings on my Exclusive. - Love them.
    I am 5'8" with 29" inseam. Great wind protection and stock air diverters don't blast you as much when opened.
    +1 on this setup. Pillion likes it too. Almost so quiet I don't need earplugs but I wear them anyway.

I have found that the wings cut out too much airflow for me when it's hot as I rely on airflow up the sleeves of my Darien for cooling. Easy to pop them off though.

Jeff

got the widest, tallest Cee Bailey vented and love it - 6'4" with 35" inseam

BernieND

Aftermarket windshield

I bought a Cee Bailey vented and had to cut 2" off it to give me an "over the windshield" view that I like. Am 73 inches. It is a great product, but make sure you clean it with the proper cleaner and micropore cloths. Cee Bailey has a good spray cleaner, too.

Fwiw

Have owned Parabellum, Cee Bailey and Aeroflow. The first 2 are a crapshoot in that some work very well and some don't. You will probably pay more for an Aeroflow but they ALWAYS work and the quality is better as well. At Aeroflow, the guy who designs the winshields (the owner) spends thousands of miles behind them on the road and he knows what works.

Best,

Will