• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A new service is needed on this board

F

FLYINGREG

I was visiting the BMW Motorcycle Club of Victoria, Australia and noted that they have a nice feature that is of of great benefit to their members. This club has a BMW recall page to check for recalls by model, year, and VIN. Here is the link. http://www.bmwmccvic.org.au/recall.html

I think a similar feature is an addition to this club website that is needed, unless of course the information is already readily available online without a tremendous amount of searching. I have found through searches some recall information, but it was never complete, not listing all recalls, and you had to search by each model and year. A single site with all models and years listed would be beneficial. Being the worlds largest brand specific club, why don't we have such a resource for our members?

What do you all think?

If you can't wait for the info to appear here, The website of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration-(NHTSA.gov) has recalls and service bulletins for all vehicles sold in the USA since the dawn of time.

woodnsteel said:
If you can't wait for the info to appear here, The website of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration-(NHTSA.gov) has recalls and service bulletins for all vehicles sold in the USA since the dawn of time.

Yes, what would truely be of value is to have BMW's TSB's posted here. But unless we can find a "mole" willing to divulge that info to us, not much hope of seeing it. BMW prefers "mushroom" customers.

Yes, it is a good idea.

However, MOA notoriously tiptoes around BMWNA.

It's really weak.

Don't hold your breath.

All we need is a volunteer

lkchris said:
Yes, it is a good idea. However, MOA notoriously tiptoes around BMWNA. It's really weak.

Man --- here we go with this conspiracy thing again. Give me a break.

It's all about volunteer-time, donchaknow?

If you - or someone - wants to research and make a list --- and maintain the list --- I would bet that the web team will will put it the web page.

Let the first volunteer step forward now.
:)

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Man --- here we go with this conspiracy thing again. Give me a break.

It's all about volunteer-time, donchaknow?

If you - or someone - wants to research and make a list --- and maintain the list --- I would bet that the web team will will put it the web page.

Let the first volunteer step forward now.
:)

Sue, I would love to volunteer. If you can email me your contact at BMW-NA and BMW-AG I will call them first thing Monday morning and ask them to send me all BMW motorcycle related TSBs so we can post them on our website. I'll even call Germany on my dime. No problem.

Who to volunteer to

Hey Ho --

Always nice to hear from a volunteer. You will need to contact the web team to find out what the next steps are.

I would recommend sending an email to Rob Nye and Dave Swider to determine the best way to proceed with this excellent idea. We also have a Consumer Liaison who might be a good resource too.... That is Paul Johnson. You can retrieve all of their email addresses from the masthead in the BMW Owners News.

Also - I was under the assumption that this information could be gathered from a government source, not necessarily from BMW Motorrad. I must have misunderstood....

For what it's worth, at this stage we have ONE primary person who contacts Motorrad, and that is our Executive Director Ray Zimmerman. This avoids any confusion between our club and their corporation.

Hope this helps..... Thanks again for volunteering.

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Hey Ho --

Always nice to hear from a volunteer. You will need to contact the web team to find out what the next steps are.

I would recommend sending an email to Rob Nye and Dave Swider to determine the best way to proceed with this excellent idea.

You might not get a reply right away from Rob, he is currently in the middle of a long ride...

Koop

Back